• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Tactical Firearms Training, LLC is offering its full-day "Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law" class on Saturday, February 26, 2011 in Indianapolis.

Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law covers all aspects of owning, carrying and using a firearm in Indiana, including an Indiana gun owner's legal right to use deadly force. The course includes a detailed discussion of Indiana's "Castle Doctine" and "Stand your Ground" laws. The course also covers potential civil and criminal liabiities arising out of gun ownership and use.

Learn how your legal rights and obligations change depending the threat presented, and whether you are in your home, in public or in your vehicle. Learn where you can and cannot carry your firearm in Indiana - under both state and federal law - even with an Indiana License to Carry Handgun.

The class is taught by an Indiana attorney with over 27 years of experience - who is also a certified firearms instructor.

Check out www.tactical-firearms.com for details.

A discount is being offered for early registration. To register, just click on the "Online Registration" button at the top of the home page.

We hope to see you in February!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    CLE Credit

Will there be CLE credit?
    I was told by the ICCLE that since this program is not marketed specifically to lawyers, they would not certify it for CLE credit. I plan to put together a promotion just for lawyers sometime this year, because the content is definitely sufficient for credit - it's a lot more substantive than most CLE courses I've been to over the years.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law

Is this all classroom instruction or will there be other elements in it?

It is all classroom - but the time goes very quickly because there is always a lot of spirited discussion, particularly when we get into the topic of the justifiable use of deadly force.

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I was told by the ICCLE that since this program is not marketed specifically to lawyers, they would not certify it for CLE credit. I plan to put together a promotion just for lawyers sometime this year, because the content is definitely sufficient for credit - it's a lot more substantive than most CLE courses I've been to over the years.

Sweet. Thanks. I'll be on the look out for that!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law

Thank you very much for the positive comments!! Here another AAR from Shay of Mindset Laboratories:

-------------
    Today I attended Tactical Firearms Training LLC's Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law course.

The class today was a look at US and Indiana state law that address four specific areas:

1. Possessing a firearm
    2. Carrying a handgun
    3. Use of a firearm for self defense
    4. Civil liability

We started at the Eagle Creek classroom at 8:30 sharp and went to 3ish with a few breaks for bathroom visits and lunch. The class was well organized with most of the content contained in a PowerPoint presentation. This was not just a cursory overview, but rather as the title suggests, a comprehensive review. Guy was meticulous in his citations of the case law and Indiana Code allowing the student to research and pull the cited sections if desired. I don't want to make this sound like a dry legal lecture. While the law was covered Guy also went "off script" and expanded a great deal on areas that needed to have context or history filled in.

We had some great class discussions and Guy was good about entertaining student questions or requests for clarification. To Guy's credit, he did a very good job of leaving most of the legalese behind and explaining concepts in plain English.

Worth the price of admission alone, I learned what a 'curtilage' is. :):

Now I get on my soap box. I read frequent posts here other places about how training is too expensive or too long or too far away or too this or too that........ Here you have a local class on a very, very important topic taught by an expert in the field.

At what point will you prioritize the knowledge in your head over acquiring more guns? Is it better to spend $150 on another trinket or invest that money in yourself to hopefully keep yourself out of jail and limit your civil liability if you do ever have to use deadly force to protect yourself?

In conclusion, I thought the class was a good value and a lot of fun
    ----------------------

Thanks - I'd love to see a bunch of INGO members in February's course!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm bumping this thread, since there seems to be some interest. I'd love to see as many INGO members there as posssible!

Please let me know if you have questions or comments!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I still have openings for the Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law class on February 26.

Do you know how your right to use deadly force changes under Indiana law - depending on whether you are home, in your car or walking down the street?

Do you know how you could be prosecuted for "intimidation" because you're carrying a handgun - even without pointing it?

Do you know how federal law affects your right to carry a firearm in some locations - even with an Indiana License to Carry Handgun?

Do you know how you may be exposed to civil liability arising from your ownership or use of a handgun?

We answer all of these questions and many, many more in Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law. Visit Tactical Firearms Training, LLC for more details. To register, just click on the "Online Registration button on the home page.

We'd love to see you on the 26th!

Guy

aijk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Eminence
    When do i have to sign up by, where will it be and is it $150 like it says above or $175 like it says on the site.:dunno:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    There are still spots open for this weekend's class.

Come and learn how Indiana law controls the justifiable use of deadly force under different circumstances - including in your home, in your car and in public - and how the law changes depending on where you are.

Learn how both state and federal law affect your legal right to carry a firearm - even with an Indiana LTCH.

Learn how you can be prosecuted for "intimidation" simply by flashing your handgun under certain circumstances.

. . . and many, many more points of Indiana law that directly affect the Indiana gun owner.

The class will be held on the north side of Indianapolis this Saturday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Just visit Tactical Firearms Training, LLC for additional details. To register, click on the "Online Registration" button at the top of the page.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments! We hope to see you Saturday.

Guy

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    This is a great class and Guy is a good teacher. Instead of buying more guns, spend some money to invest in yourself. Increase your knowledge. Learn something.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    This is a great class and Guy is a good teacher. Instead of buying more guns, spend some money to invest in yourself. Increase your knowledge. Learn something.

Thanks, Shay!! It was great to have you in the class last year - I think we learned as much from you - particularly about the stress of force on force situations - as you did from the class!!

Top Bottom