EVENT: DP205b – Low Light Skills
    DATE: 26 FEBRUARY 2011

TIME: 16:00 approx. start time; class will last about 4 hours
    [/STRIKE]​
    INSTRUCTOR: Joseph Viray, assisted by ACT staff
    TUITION: $70 prepaid
    PREREQUISITES: DP101 (or equivalent); instructor approval REQUIRED
    DESCRIPTION:

DP205b “Low Light Skills” is a brief version of our DP205 that offers an introduction to defensive handgun techniques applied to low light or total darkness situations. The class will focus on the use of modern, high intensity flashlights and their applications to defensive use in conjunction with handguns. Topics will include acquisition of information, use of handheld flashlights both with and without firearms, use of weapon-mounted flashlights, use of supplemental sighting devices (e.g. lasers), use of tritium night sights, etc.

This class is not appropriate for inexperienced defensive shooters. You don't have to have completed classes with us, but I reserve the right to final approval on all students. If I don't know you and you wish to participate, please contact me via email (not PM): joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CLASS WILL INCLUDE LIVE FIRE DRILLS. **

GEAR LIST:
    • Reliable, high-intensity handheld light; lanyard recommended
    • Back-up light (optional)
    • Spare batteries (recommended)
    • Spare lamps (if your light uses incandescent lamps)
    • A couple of feet of 550 cord to make a lanyard (optional)
    • Low intensity "task light" for navigation and checking targets (optional)
    • Weapon-mounted light (optional)
    • Inert replica of your pistol if you have one (e.g "Blue Gun" or similar that fits your holster)
    • Concealment garment (optional)
    • Pistol, caliber consistent with defensive needs
    • 300-500 rounds of ammunition (how much you need depends on how much you choose to fire)
    • 5 or more magazines or speed loaders. More is better to avoid delays on the line.
    • Magazine or speed loader carriers
    • Belt holster that covers the trigger guard and allows one handed holstering
    • Pistol belt
    • Eye and ear protection. Electronic muffs or vented earplugs suggested for allowing
    • easier hearing of range commands.
      [*]Billed cap
      [*]Please dress appropriately for outdoor activities according to the weather and allow
      for moderate physical activity. We will shoot, rain or shine, so consider bringing rain gear.
      [*]You should bring snacks and fluids of your choice. Snack bars or power bars
      are great to keep in your shooting bag. Water or a combination of water and sport drinks work best. ACT will provide bottled water.
    For more information or to register, please contact us via email at:

Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com
    John@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com
    Aron@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

As a reminder, your place in the class is not reserved until we have your completed paperwork and payment in full or deposit.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I plan on sending my papers and check this week.

And I just realized something. After this class, I need 2 more classes and then I'll have more training than I have guns. I'm excited about that ;)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think many people overlook the opportunity and value of this course. Have you ever shot you gun in low light or dark situations? If not they you really need to do it. Do you have a place where you can shoot liver fire drills and scenarios in lowlight and dark conditions? No? Here is a fine chance to practice those skills. If you get absolutely nothing from Joe's instruction, and I seriously doubt that anyone in the state with an open mind will fall into this category, you still have a tremendous chance to practice your self defense shooting skills in the dark.

The lead instructor has several hundred hours of training and knows a tremendous amount about shooting in the dark and the gear to use. It could be his irrational fear of the dark that makes him so qualified.
    :)

Come and do this class. Don't miss the opportunity.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I think many people overlook the opportunity and value of this course. Have you ever shot you gun in low light or dark situations? If not they you really need to do it. Do you have a place where you can shoot liver fire drills and scenarios in lowlight and dark conditions? No? Here is a fine chance to practice those skills. If you get absolutely nothing from Joe's instruction, and I seriously doubt that anyone in the state with an open mind will fall into this category, you still have a tremendous chance to practice your self defense shooting skills in the dark.

The lead instructor has several hundred hours of training and knows a tremendous amount about shooting in the dark and the gear to use. It could be his irrational fear of the dark that makes him so qualified.
    :)

Come and do this class. Don't miss the opportunity.

You won't be disappointed!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I may have to hold off now. I went shooting yesterday, and my shots are low and left. Last time I shot it was the same way. If I'm shooting like this now, I don't even want to imagine how bad I'll be during this class.

I have A LOT of work to do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I may have to hold off now. I went shooting yesterday, and my shots are low and left. Last time I shot it was the same way. If I'm shooting like this now, I don't even want to imagine how bad I'll be during this class.

I have A LOT of work to do.

We ALL have a lot of work to do!

Email or call me some time in the near future. We'll get together to work on your marksmanship issues for a couple of hours.

Top Bottom