• ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I bet he does! :)

Only thing I dont like is no chrome lined barrel, at least its not listed. Other than that, the price combined with S&W warranty is a WIN WIN WIN!

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ok on second thought i have a question. how are these different than the rest of the AR's on the market? what does "sport" mean?

thanks

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    seems like i read on here on one of the many lists that categorizes the best AR's that they were pretty low and considered a range gun even.

if i am mistaken please forgive me

jake

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    From a quick visual, no dust cover or forward assist.

If it were me, I'd spend an exrtra $90 and get the mil-spec Spikes M4 LE for $799. :D

the price listed is MSRP, I bet actual sale price will be most like $650ish, making the difference like $150.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Jake-- the S&W M&P-15 has generally been ranked very well-- kind of above your standard commercial guns and just under your boutique manufacturers. Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical had some very positive reviews based on his T&E guns.

The dust cover and forward assist do serve a purpose, although their importance and necessity is widely debated. For most shooters, especially ones on a budget, this rifle will work well.

I hope this pulls prices down market wide. :yesway:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm getting a decent tax return back, that interest me. I can do without the forward assist and dust cover. For me it would just be a range gun. My AK would be my go to gun in a SHTF situation.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    By that, do you mean that the competition will be lowering their prices in the low end segment, just to compete?

By that, I mean companies like DPMS, Oly, Del-Ton, etc are going to be feeling some serious heat. Whether they choose to keep their pricing the same and improve quality/add features, lower their pricing, or just stand there and take the economic hit, remains to be seen. The first two options would be good for the consumer, while the last could lead to a narrowing of the AR gene pool, which might not be a bad thing either.

Only thing I dont like is no chrome lined barrel, at least its not listed.

I believe the barrels are Melonited inside and out, which is basically the same treatment given to the Bushmaster ACR (and Glocks!). I wouldn't feel bad about that at all.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I think shooter mentioned Bradis is going to be a Spikes dealer as well. Might be able to check both blasters mentioned in this thread out in person soon!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    By that, I mean companies like DPMS, Oly, Del-Ton, etc are going to be feeling some serious heat.

FWIW, I've read many good things about the S&W ARs.

But my LGS sells stripped lowers for $99.

Add a DT kit with forward assist, dust cover, and chrome lined chamber and barrell for
    $510.

I commend S&W for their efforts, but I would rather buy a complete AR for the price. :D

Top Bottom