• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I put an order in for one of these after following Dave Lauck for years and years. I wanted one of his AR's, but I have a copious amount of AR's and only one ever really gets used. So I got ahold of him about a month ago and ordered the SLR. It is handbuilt from the ground up. Mine is in 7.62x39, back up sights (no tritium), od green, and an M21 bullseye reticle optic. I can't wait to get my hands on this rifle. Should be here before Christmas too, so i'll have a week or so to stretch it's legs while I'm off work.

This is the work in progress picture I just got from him.

YNHfyzE.jpg

The business end

jYW94iU.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well a slight change on the optics for this, he ended up suggesting something lower than the m21 for a better cheek weld. He had sent me a picture of it with a trijicon mro he was using for test and tune so I ended up just tacking an mro with a qd, because when you get this invest why the f*&( not. My rifle is also pictured on his page with a sig optic and just the irons. I'm so excited for this I can't hardly contain it. FFL information and Payment is on the way, not long now. This is the picture that shows it with the mro.

pMGRDsk.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well, it's a damn fine looking rifle, even if the price is a little out there for most of us. ;)

Thank you,. I hope it didn't come off as arrogant not saying. Once Dave publishes a price I'll feel better about posting a figure. Custom work generally comes with a somewhat custom price. I just wanted to put a ballpark idea up. 5 shot groups smaller than a quarter out of an ak in 762x39 definitely doesn't come cheap tho.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Why a 7.62x 39 ?

It's only available in 7.62x39 or 5.45. x39 is widely available, lethal, legal for deer, affordable, and fills the gap in my safe for that round. I have ars in 22lr, 223, 300blk, 45acp, and 50beowulf. It is an ak at heart, just an ak that some are shooting sub moa and aks should be 7.62x39 5.45 is built as a race gun, and I just don't have faith in that round as a viable self defense round and if I was shooting competition my ar would be go to. Magazines are also a consideration it comes with circle 10 but it's tested with magpul which are super easy to source.

shootinit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    NE
    They must be hand loading it if they are being consistent sub moa. One of the most consistant hand load is supose to be a 154 grain soft point. Guys are getting 1.5 inch loading it along with a good barrel. Thats a long way from sub moa. Not talking throwing lots of cash at a weapon, just that men have tried for years have been trying to have consistent success with that round and failed. It is a step above a 5.56 AR!5 round. it's sorta like a red headed step child. A 6.5 Grendal would be money better spent. Had a VEPR 7.62x51 that I could get to shoot sub MOA . $750 in it. Traded it for an FN in 7.62x51. it weighed 8 pounds loaded. Easy to carry and shot lights out for a semi auto. But there is all kinds of great loading options in 7.62x51.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They must be hand loading it if they are being consistent sub moa. One of the most consistant hand load is supose to be a 154 grain soft point. Guys are getting 1.5 inch loading it along with a good barrel. Thats a long way from sub moa. Not talking throwing lots of cash at a weapon, just that men have tried for years have been trying to have consistent success with that round and failed. It is a step above a 5.56 AR!5 round. it's sorta like a red headed step child. A 6.5 Grendal would be money better spent. Had a VEPR 7.62x51 that I could get to shoot sub MOA . $750 in it. Traded it for an FN in 7.62x51. it weighed 8 pounds loaded. Easy to carry and shot lights out for a semi auto. But there is all kinds of great loading options in 7.62x51.

The bolt guns are shooting moa to sub moa on factory Tula, ar variants are shooting similar groups. This is not a 750 Dollar rack grade ak. It's a highly customized hand built, tuned, Free floated (minus the piston connection), Warhammer. 100 million ak47 approve the effectiveness of the round, and the constant surplus at prices under 223 make it highly attractive in a utility/ shtf firearm. Grendel and 308 are good rounds, but how many rounds of Grendel can you put in the same place of 7.62x39? Same for 308? Other owners are reporting 1.25" groups with 123gr steel cased ammo, and some are reporting sub moa with Hornady factory ammo. Again this is not your run off the mill ak.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I got to hold it today, filled out the 4473 and got hit with a delay.. Arrrghh. I usually get a 15 minute delay, but we are working on an hour as I write this post. Will be a lesson in patience waiting this delay out. Not completely sure the shop didn't want me to leave it for the boss to get a look at it before I take it home. It is a pretty amazing ak having handled it for a little while.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Did they finally let you take it home? And is the charging handle non-reciprocating? I'm not familiar with these rifles at all, but it certainly looks mean! A sub-MOA deer legal semiautomatic rifle that's not an AR platform? That's all kinds of cool.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Did they finally let you take it home? And is the charging handle non-reciprocating? I'm not familiar with these rifles at all, but it certainly looks mean! A sub-MOA deer legal semiautomatic rifle that's not an AR platform? That's all kinds of cool.

I'm still on a delay. I've never been delayed like this, and it is definitely cause of more than a little bit of anxiety. I know I'll pass it's just having to leave it in the hands of strangers. LoL I showed up 20 minutes after it was delivered today, and upon entering I heard the distinctive sound of an AK action dropping followed by surprised workers telling me how it only just showed up. I'm sure all will be fine...

The charging handle definitely reciprocates, like the ak's only on left side to allow charging with my support hand. It is a gussied up slr. The magazine is able to be released without moving from the grip, and the magwell makes it much easier to be smooth on the swap. The optics rail is solid mounted to the rifle and stays low to the barrel, no need to slide off a side mount to disassemble. I know a normal height side mount allows the dust cover to be removed but the low mounts generally require you to remove them to service the weapon. The buttstock has been repositioned and reprofiled to feel like an ar but allows your cheek weld to be lower than the action which puts the optic closer to the barrel. It has polished geisselle fcg and is silky smooth when manipulating the action. The sights cowitness and also fold away to allow an unobstructed view through the MRO. I did take home all of the accessories and thought about pulling the bolt, but I'm not sure that one would be allowed. It's not that I don't trust the ffl, I just won't trust anyone with this rifle it's that crown jewel of the collection that no matter how secure the safe at the shop is, it still should be at home with me.

Accuracy of the few of these that are out there ranges from 2.4" to .91" depending on ammunition. Non of these numbers are homebrew loads all factory commercial ammo. Wolf being the 2.4 and lapua being the .91. I'll take 2.4" at 100 yards through an ak for 15 cents a round. The 5.45 version is supposed to be an absolute tack driver, but I wanted the versatility of the 7.62.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Was asked for a build list. I will provide what I can, but this was highly modified and bought that way from DLSports.

It starts off as an arsenal 107

Aftermarket items that are available
    -ALG trigger group
    -FAB Defense stock (modified)
    -Magpul grip
    -Safety lever
    -Trigger guard mag release.

Custom work available exclusively in this package (to my knowledge)
    -Fixed optics rail and rear sight
    -Modified Gas block with a pop up front sight (cowitnesses with the trijicon mro)
    -Modified stock attachment (corrects the cant seen with other ar style adapters)
    -Highly modified bolt carrier (side charging, and lightened)
    -Free floating handguard (dlsports sells this style for ar's, this one is modified to fit this rifle)
    -Flared magazine well (again lightening holes)
    -DLSports muzzle brake

I'm sure there are things I'm missing. I'll get some better pictures if anyone is interested in seeing some of the detail work on this.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Saw the picture on the other thread. I bought a Krebs based on a Vepr last fall. It would be a blast to do a side by side comparison. Especially comparing a Krebs ALG trigger to Lauck's take on the ALG. Nice Rifle!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Finally took some detail photos of some of the more unique items on this rifle

The FSB is integrated into the gas block. The front sight folds away and opens up to cowitness the mro
    Z1AknzK.jpg

The free floating handguard locks in securely to the receiver. It is rock solid. You can also see the optics rail and back up rear sight mounted solidly to the receiver, no flimsy removable rails. The MI optics mount puts the MRO as low to the bore as possible.
    rQR2T9g.jpg

Magpul grip, alg trigger, modified mag release that enables mag drops without moving your hand from the firing position. This picture also shows the custom butt stock mount that allows the stock to be straight back rather than tilted down. Really makes a big difference in controllability and recoil management.
    0e3JBd2.jpg

Flared magwell for easy insertion.
    HuuWUSE.jpg

A view of the handguard. It is extremely comfortable and very familiar feeling when transitioning between ar's and this slr.
    lWzE2k5.jpg

Top Bottom