• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    A coworker of mine just called and told me that 2nd Amendment in Whitestown has DPMS ARs for $616 (he's pretty sure that's what the price was). I've got 3 lowers that still need built but for the price are these a decent gun? I think he said flattop and obviously no optic but appear to be a good price. Anybody have experience with them? I'm kicking around the idea of another cheap plinker. Or something I can take out to share when others go with me.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    It is probably for a DPMS Oracle. They are decent guns. A while back Midwausa hed a heck of a deal on the oracle uppers, and me and a few family members all got one for plinkin. They are a decent gun.

Since you have lowers already, you may want to look at Palmetto state armory, they have had some hella deals here lately on uppers also.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Yeah, I watch PSA. They have an upper I want but never in stock. Trying to find a slower twist than a 1:7 which is what a lot of theirs are. I may drive into Whitestown to check it out IF I can get away from work. It lower cost than the CAR15 by Bushy and sounds like a decent deal. Gunbroker was similar price but that's before shipping and transfer fees. I've got a cheap red dot I could throw on it and have it up and running. Just gotta find a way to get away from work (near impossible).

cubstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indiana
    My DPMS Oracle has both forward assist and a dust cover, and has shot everything I have tried. I would not hesitate to recommend one to anyone for the $586 I paid for mine.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    A coworker of mine just called and told me that 2nd Amendment in Whitestown has DPMS ARs for $616 (he's pretty sure that's what the price was). I've got 3 lowers that still need built but for the price are these a decent gun? I think he said flattop and obviously no optic but appear to be a good price. Anybody have experience with them? I'm kicking around the idea of another cheap plinker. Or something I can take out to share when others go with me.

Not bad guns. They go bang everytime... but for around the same price, you can order and build off PSA and have a higher quality AR. Figure about $90-100 for lower, $70ish for LPK, and $400 for a complete PTAC upper. I'd stick with the 1:9 barrel, the 1:7 barrel's have produced some unsatisfied customers. I have an extra PTAC/YHM Diamond upper I bought from them for $375 this past black Friday in 1:9 and its perfect. throw out another $100 and get yourself a PSA Premium, with a barrel made by FN.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Here you go.
    PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle

You simply will not beat this deal. I know its the 1:7 twist, and the problem people have been having with these barrels as of late, is that in order to save money for the customer, they don't go back over them and smooth out the inside of the barrel. They do however group within mil-spec standards, like they note in the description. If you're only using this to plink, share with friends, or even for close quarters home defense, you won't find a better deal.

I follow PSA pretty religiously. I'm guessing they're liquidating this inventory to make room for other products they premiered at the shot show this week. Good time to buy.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here you go.
    PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle

You simply will not beat this deal. I know its the 1:7 twist, and the problem people have been having with these barrels as of late, is that in order to save money for the customer, they don't go back over them and smooth out the inside of the barrel. They do however group within mil-spec standards, like they note in the description. If you're only using this to plink, share with friends, or even for close quarters home defense, you won't find a better deal.

I follow PSA pretty religiously. I'm guessing they're liquidating this inventory to make room for other products they premiered at the shot show this week. Good time to buy.

BOY I wish I had an extra $300 right now!
    I have a lower and all needed parts to complete another rifle in the safe. I've only got $165 in the entire lower. That upper would give me a complete rifle sub $500!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    BOY I wish I had an extra $300 right now!
    I have a lower and all needed parts to complete another rifle in the safe. I've only got $165 in the entire lower. That upper would give me a complete rifle sub $500!

And with PTAC, you'll have a $500 rifle that may or may not shoot moh.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    And with PTAC, you'll have a $500 rifle that may or may not shoot moh.

According to PSA's statement, it will group mil apex MOA... that doesn't say much for precision target shooting... but I feel for what he will use it for, it should work

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I watch PSA also. I usually avoid PTac and stick with Premium or CHF. But for $616 it seemed like a pretty decent deal. Still haven't found if that was out the door price. But, for what I planned on using it for I really can't go wrong. But it'll still have a crappy stock.

Top Bottom