• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    I finally completed my HD shotgun and had a chance to shoot it today.

It's a Mossberg SA-20 Tactical auto-loader with a 7 round choate magazine extension and a Nebo Redline 220 lumen light with strobe and pressure pad switch mounted on the fore-end.

This is a 20ga shotgun that has very low recoil and kick. It's small enough for a woman or child yet not too small to make if uncomfortable for a man. It has plenty of power and there are several good HD loads available for 20ga.

The magazine extension installation required filing down a lip at the top of the factory magazine that was holding in the follower spring. Once filed smooth I was able to remove the original spring and follower and replace it with the items that choate sent. I ended up re-using the original mossberg follower as it was nicer and works very well.

The gun can shoot 2.3/4" or 3" shells. The wording on choat's site is tricky. The 7rnd extension only gives 7 total rounds in the gun. (1 in chamber and 6 in tube)

I threw on an Allen 5 shell buttstock holder i picked up on Amzaon for $5.00 It seemed to designed to fit bantam style stocks very well. I was happy with the fix.

Shooting Report: Not one FTE or FTF. Granted I'm the second owner of this shotgun and it had already been broken in, but one could hardly tell. The gun was immaculate when I got it. It's very smooth and cycled great and had no problems going as fast as I was capable of. It's going to be a great HD gun and I would highly recommend to anyone.

These guns are made in turkey by Armsan.

They make a model for weatherby as well. These are very good guns and are very affordable.

If you are looking for a small lightweight tactical package for home defense with the reliability of a Bellini auto-loader, look no further. This gun is fantastic!

Hope this helps someone else looking for a great HD gun. I'm loving it!

picture.php

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    That's sweet. I have one on layaway now. Can you go into a little more detail on what you had to modify to install that mag extension? An what kind of shells were you shooting from it. Ive heard that those will only cycle the heavier turkey loads.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    That's sweet. I have one on layaway now. Can you go into a little more detail on what you had to modify to install that mag extension? An what kind of shells were you shooting from it. Ive heard that those will only cycle the heavier turkey loads.

The top of the factory tube has a lip that folds inside. It keeps you from removing the mag spring and follower. You have to dig out the plastic at the end of the spring. I used needle nosed pliers to chip away at it. Then you can weasel out the spring. To get the follower out and install the new mag extension and new spring, you have ti file off the lip on the inside of thee tube. I used a rats tail file and a smaller fine metal file to smooth it all out afterwards.

Clean it good and then re-lube the inside of the tube. Then you can put it all back together withthe new extension. I was shooting some cheap rio 7/8ths oz shells.

THey tend to shoot better with more run though them.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The top of the factory tube has a lip that folds inside. It keeps you from removing the mag spring and follower. You have to dig out the plastic at the end of the spring. I used needle nosed pliers to chip away at it. Then you can weasel out the spring. To get the follower out and install the new mag extension and new spring, you have ti file off the lip on the inside of thee tube. I used a rats tail file and a smaller fine metal file to smooth it all out afterwards.

Clean it good and then re-lube the inside of the tube. Then you can put it all back together withthe new extension. I was shooting some cheap rio 7/8ths oz shells.

THey tend to shoot better with more run though them.

Awesome thanks for the info, I may have to get one of those extensions for mine also.

Top Bottom