• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I first learned about this bag from shooter521 and VUPDblue. I was loading up their gear for NFA Day 2009 and took note of the well-arranged pockets and how compact the overall bag was. Having just purchased the uber-popular Midway bag at the time, I thought the LAPG bag looked like an excellent option when wanting to travel light to the range with only a gun or two and the necessary peripherals.

I will preface this review by saying that I am not comparing this bag to the Midway range bag. IMO they are two very different bags that each serve their purposes very well. They are both priced extremely well, with the Midway at $40 (when on sale) and the LAPG at just $20. While the Midway bag is excellent at being a dedicated range bag, the LAPG bag can be used as a small range bag, or as a standby bug out bag.

For my own purpose, I have decided to first test this bag as a small dedicated range bag, and I have set it up as such. This is just an initial review, as I don't have much time with it yet.

I received this bag as a birthday gift from my sister, Kr_Treefrog2. She has good taste. :D

My very first impression was "I can't believe they can sell this for just $20."

DSC01380.jpg

This side has 2 pockets that can each fit 2 AR mags. The flap is adjustable by means of velcro, and can also be totally removed if necessary. In my case, I keep 4 CMMG .22 conversion mags in the pockets.

DSC01381.jpg

These two pockets are fairly small. I put some INGO cards in the left pocket, and a couple CR123 batteries in the right pocket.

DSC01382.jpg

Another small pocket. I've filled it with some cold-weather UA gloves.

DSC01383.jpg

On both ends there is a small water bottle sized pocket. There is an adjustable bungee strap over top that velcros to the front of the pocket. I've tossed in a few extra Glock mags in this one, and wrapped up some shooting gloves in the bungee.

DSC01384.jpg

The retainer bungees are also adjustable from the inside. If you wanted to keep the pocket empty, you could tighten down the straps to make the bag more low profile.

DSC01394.jpg

Behind the pockets on this side is a large pocket that runs the entire bag length. One side is completely velcro lined, and can accept various velcro accessories. If I was using this as a bug out bag I might put a holster and pistol here. Right now I've just got my Raven holster and a Blade-Tech mag pouch.

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

The zippers and hardware are nothing to write home about, but they appear of good quality and do the job well (so far).

DSC01387.jpg

And now the other side. . . .

DSC01388.jpg

In the opposite water bottle pouch I've got a 5.11 med pouch. This is not a full blowout kit, but more of a "bumps and scrapes" kit.

DSC01389.jpg

In this tall pocket I've got an Inova light, and I've also clipped a Buck Strider knife to the outside.

DSC01390.jpg

At first this odd-shaped pocket had me wondering what in the world I was going to put in it. A CMMG .22 AR conversion fits just perfectly. :yesway:

DSC01391.jpg

This central pocket has a covered zipper and velcro on the front for patches. I've stocked it with a notepad and other miscellaneous stuff.

DSC01392.jpg

On the left here are two VERY narrow and tall pockets. A pen is the only thing I could really fit here.

DSC01393.jpg

The inside comes with a T-shaped velcro divider that is removable. Right now I've just got eye and earpro in there, with empty space for ammo.

DSC01395.jpg

The bottom of the bag has some reinforcements for carrying heavier loads. There are no drain holes in any of the pockets.

DSC01396.jpg

Not shown: It comes with a padded shoulder strap that can be attached to two D-rings at the top of the bag.

So far I've been very pleased with this bag. I'll be sure to update this review as I get more trips to the range with it.

It can be had in black, desert tan, and OD green.

LAPG Tactical Bail Out Gear Bag Best Seller!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom