• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    (mods please leave this as a seperate thread... the last time it got merged and 15 pages later things were hard to seperate, but i understand if you cant)

Give me some constructive critism so i can make the next class better.... and let me know what was good so i can keep it up...
    thanks for everyone who came... volunteer i am sorry you got lost, i will send out my phone number with the PM's next time.... sorry man.

PICS!!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    A big + all the way around. I could have used a lot of that info when I started up.

I would like to hear more on differences in Powder, Primers, Bullets. And all that technical stuff next time around. The whole what powder works best for what loads, what primers you find work the best, more on bullet types. But that might be just me.

Lots of good info though, good work.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I will add mine as well... I have never seen a bullet casting set up in person... read about it plenty online and always considered doing it considering the cost savings that you can have without sacrificing accuracy... the idea of melting metal at 750 degrees kind of kept me away from it....

Leadeye, it was clear that you have years of experience way more than i did with my half of the class. your input was proffesional well spoken and detailed... i came away from it with a really good idea as to what equipment i needed and where to start. I am now comforitable enough that i believe i will be casting some of my own as soon as i am done building my 3 project guns that is...

thank you for donating 15 45 acp rounds to my collection!
    ill have some reps for you as soon as you post in this thread..
    THANK YOU

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Was a great time, and I have to give a big THANKS to Indygunworks and Leadeye for this one. I could have probably sat there all night and just shot the shyte, but it was a long drive back. Hope to be able to meet up with some (and more) of you again, its nice getting out from behind the keyboard.

Indy, you have a really nice collection there, and it was fun to see. Good luck with your 10/22 @ 300 yds, lol.

Thanks again guys, and it was nice meeting all of you.

PS: Oh and to whoever had that .45 with the IWB holster, could you post a link please?

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Excellent class. Very well presented, both casting and reloading portions, offering useful tips many newcomers to the game are often left to learn from experience. Thank you both, Indygunworks and Leadeye.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Leadeye - what was the candle used for on your tailgate? You probably covered it before I arrived.

The two of you could probably run that class more often and charge admission.
    I'd like to see or know more about the tolerances of casting for a particular barrel, that was alluded to. Pushing a lead hardball through your barrel, and measuring the tolerances and such.

Also curious on the selection of ready-made jacketed or coated bullets, too, that are out there.

Having a manufacturing degree, I particularly like the use of the go/no-go gauge for finished rounds.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    he puts the wax in the lead and it catchs fire... it pulls all the impurities to the top then he scoops them off... but he will tell you the why it works.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Aclark, just do a google search for Tucker Gunleather..

We should have done a group shot, so we could assign names to faces and everything!!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    thanks bubba, just couldnt remember the specific holster. ill check it out.

yea i thought about trying a group shot, but then people started leaving before it came up...maybe next time.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    No problem - I'm pretty certain that it was the Texas Heritage model. There's other varieties too, and they're all pretty good, but unless you buy one that's in-stock, be ready to wait.. they backorder something fierce!!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    yea thats the one he had, site says 2 month turnaround, so actually if i order it now it should arrive with my ltch...lmao

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Glad everybody enjoyed the class and I hope I was clear on the bullet casting part of it. My thanks to IGW for hosting, his preparation and instruction were excellent. You can pick up a lot of info on casting and supplies from www.castboolits.gunloads.com , the knowledge base there is huge.:)

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Had a great time, and learned a lot !! Thanks for putting up with all of us.
    Couldn't believe I was able to CC without being made :rockwoot:

Yup it is the Texas Heritage IWB, and they make one for revolvers too.

Texas Heritage IWB

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Thanks alot for the class IGW! You did a good job. Next time I wouldn't mind seeing some more on loading rifle rounds for accuracy with what powders, primers, to use and whatnot. I have a pretty good idea of what bullets to use for long distance and accuracy. Just not so much the rest.

Leadeye I thought your presentation was well prepared and very informative. I know my uncle had some bullet casting stuff with all his gun supplies. I'm gonna talk to my aunt and see if I can manage to get ahold of it. Or at least see what all he had. At least it'll be a start. And then I can apply some of what I learned from you.

Thanks all around and I had a great time! And thanks Nick for cleaning up my G30! I'm gonna have to try to find some of that EEZOX too.

Top Bottom