• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Well, since no one started it yet............

Good time as usual. Good turnout for first of the year, though many left early. I'll post more comments and pics later.

Black Label's nephew rocking the LWRC. He had a great time, and he did a real good job. He is a very patient shooter. A future marksman in the making.

DKK_3633pw_zps53prfgds.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had a good time. But we left early. My brother had to be somewhere at 3. And I have a bunch of paperwork building up.

It was great to see all the faces when people shot the mini-22.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Great to see everyone! Pretty nice turnout for the 1st one of the year! Thanks to all who allowed me some trigger time on your equipment. While I knew my time there today would be brief, I most assuredly made all the right scheduling decisions today. Made it home in time for the family photo shoot too. Thanks to the cooks (Jedi & Lone) and to all who took and will post photos.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

:drill: ADMIN NOTES

Attendance Number: 38 members and guest of members. :D

--FUNDS--
    Pre-Event Funds: $164.50
    Expenses: $103.68 (x10 OSB 7/16")
    Donations: $20 (nipprdog)
    Post-Event Funds: $80.82

--FOOD--
    Unopened items
    1 bag of cool ranch chips
    1 large bag with individual size bags of chips
    1 box of ho-hos

--DNR NOTES--
    The range had to cut down ALL the trees that formed the barrier between the street and the 25/50 yard range.
    Everything from the RO station to the 25 yard tree line was removed. In addition where the 100 yard range is the trees that formed the "wall" between the street and that range were also removed. Apparently over the past few years the farm next to the range over sprayed and whatever chemicals they used damaged/killed the trees. :(

So on Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 1PM EST DNR hosting a tree planing event. They have 200 trees coming to help beautify and create a new "tree wall" and THEY NEED YOUR HELP! You can get additional details here:
    DNR: Volunteer Program
    Click on event listing and look for WINAMAC DNR. They need 30 volunteers and right now they have zero. :eek:

:ingo: JEDI'S AAR
    It was great to finally be able to shoot after a LONG winter break. The last time I shot was in OCT 2015! :faint:
    But alas I did a little bit of shooting cause "Jedi Jr" ate up most of my .22lr. Still it was his first time out to WINAMAC and I was not sure he would make it the whole day without being "bored". :rolleyes: (cause you know there is no xbox or youtube out there).

I did get a good laugh here and their as he LEARNED where not to touch a gun.
    - hot barrel
    - bolt area as he pushed the bolt forward

But overall I'm happy with his performance this time around. I just wanted to drill into him the proper handling of the firearms while on the range and where to go/not go. The "how to shoot" part I'm going to have to ask someone else do it for me. I know he "acts" different when it's me and him vs him and "another adult instructor". But I figured that will occur later this year not at these events.

As for Jedi's performance of the 4 appleseed's I did only the last one barely qualified me at the lowest level. :xmad:
    Too much time away and too much cloths on. I felt like I could not move with the 3 layers I had on in the morning.
    By the time most of you arrived I had removed some of the layers but alas never went back to do more appleseeds since other stuff got in the way (cooking, talking, etc..). Still it was OK.

It was so nice to see so many familiar faces and all the new ones as well.
    Great turn out for it being the first one and the weather was nice around noonish.

***ADDITIONAL NOTES***
    Thanks to the donors that game me .22lr for the youth event.
    Niprdog (500), Blue Falcon (500) and GStanley (1400) right?

Also thank you to everyone that donated food and drinks.

Lastly and I have many witnesses. Sadclown was kid hugged twice at the event. :rofl:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Where did you guys all go..... I was just getting warmed up out there...

A big thankyou to everyone that took the 1919 for a spin, she appears to be happy tonight as I get her propped up on the cleaning bench...

Lone, where did you go, the 45-70 was waiting for you to uncork a few more rounds ?

Food was great.... Awesome time especially for our first shoot of the year...

Jedi, did you forget some water and pop, if so I have it... At closing there was a pile sitting on the lawn near where you were setup, let me knw where you want it ?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    I did not forget the water & pop they were not opened so I figured the donor would end up taking them.
    But it's OK I think BD?? JIN?? was the one that brought them at the very end.
    How much do you have? I'll add it to the inventory sheet

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    The nephew and i had a great time today. It was good to catch up with everyone.

@nipprdog, thank you for letting sean shoot your savage. I had to hang the target on his wall when i took him home.

@KLB, thanks for helping me spend more money.:)

@gunbunnies, thanks for bringing the 1919 today. Let me know when your ready to machine that receiver;):ar15:

Thank you to everyone that brought, and cooked the food.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I know we were only there for a brief period of time, but LadyGhost enjoyed herself. This is the first meet and shoot that we have made it to since 2014. It felt good to get her out in the sunshine and among friends. Too bad she was wore out so soon and we left after only being there a short time. We are hoping that she will feel up to coming out again this year with everything that is going to be going on for us. I think the sunshine did her some good.

Top Bottom