• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I recently purchased a CZ 75 ST IPSC in .40 off of gunbroker. The gun came used but at a great price. Here is my review.

I had a chance to take it out to the range on Sunday and shoot it a bit. The gun came used so there might be modifications, there might not but this thing is lights out. Myself, NWI40cal, Anewrnn, and Darklight all gave this pistol some work at JP. The last 10 rounds of the pistol shooting was a shoot off. My CZ vs a XDm. Both in .40. Shooting in a standing position at 25 yards. Guess who won? You guessed it. :cool: The CZ. (Don't hate the CZ because it can look good AND function:D)

The likes:
    Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy. I'm no expert shot but it made EVERYONE look good that shot it.
    The grip: Lots of stippling. Easy to keep a hold of it as you are shooting.
    Ergo's: The saftey is well within reach, the mag release is extended, and the slide drop is "fairly" easy to reach and unobstructed.
    Trigger: This thing is light. The lightest I have ever felt.
    The magwell: Easy and accurate reloads. It has a funnel but it's not HUGE.

The dislikes:
    The slide: It is rather short in height and would be difficult to rack in a pinch. It will take some getting used to.
    The sights: They are adjustable. Which is good. BUT, these have the small screws that come loose after 100 rounds or so. I am afraid of losing one of the screws. Also the sights are just black. I'd like to add something at least up front to get a better sight picture.
    The trigger: This thing is light.

Here she is!
    DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

Photobucket distorts the images a bit. This thing is perfect.

Now a comparison.

I can't help but compare it to my X-5. Both well built pistols with one purpose. Competition. While I don't compete yet I do target shoot.

X-5 vs CZ IPSC
    Looks: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have to say the X-5 wins this hands down.
    Function: Equal. I have yet to have a failure with either.
    Fit: X-5. I don't have a micrometer but the X-5 doesn't have a rattle when shaken.
    Accuracy: Equal. Both can out shoot me. When I get better I can report back.
    Sights: Equal. Both have the same sights. The X-5 doesn't have the small screws that work themselves loose however.
    Ergos: CZ. The X-5's saftey is right next to the slide drop. Not the easiest thing to hit.
    Weight: X-5. For some reason it is lighter. It has larger and longer but some how lighter.
    Trigger: CZ. While it is light it is clean and crisp. The X-5 has a bit of creep (not much at all, but comparatively speaking) compared to the CZ.
    Price: CZ!!!! My X-5 cost me $1500 OTD or so. The CZ you ask? $775.
    The winner: Tie! Looks like I'll just have to spend more time at the range to figure out which is the winner.:ingo::draw::ar15::rockwoot:

An important side note. The X-5 is a 9mm and the CZ is a .40. They both have low recoil but I can't compare the two since they are different calibers.
    Here they are next to eachother. Enjoy!! BTW, if you are in the NWI area, have ammo, you can shoot these, schedule permitting.

DSC_0111.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That CZ is flat gorgeous. Thanks for the pics and thorough review! It will be interesting to hear if your initial impressions change any after you've had a chance to live with the gun for awhile, and get a few matches under your belt.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    The sights are easy to replace if you don't like them. Also after I got mine correct I just used some red locktite... so movement on those suckers now hehehe

Congrats on the CZ they are my FAVORITE gun to shoot I own three!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Great review. I have a sweet CZ-75b in full polished stainless steal and its by far the most accurate gun Ive ever shot. Im a huge CZ fan having a CZ-VZ-58 as well. And they are both very accurate.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks for the link! Did you get yours with the loop? As a matter of fact, what the heck is the loop for? Did you use the same site for your mag holders? Where did you get your mags from?

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I have two. One with the adjustable belt loop and one without. I like the adjustable loop better, the other won't fit a very wide belt. I've never adjusted the drop angle on either, I like the straight drop which is the way it comes. I use their mag holders for my Glock but use some old leather holders I had for the TS.

Top Bottom