• ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    About the same size.

I shot a XD9m the past Saturday, seems like a decent enough gun. I wouldn't trade any of my G17's for one, but it seemed OK.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    To be honest, I tried an xd for the first time last weekend and was really impressed. I was a much more accurate shot with it than the 17 or 19.

Both are great firearms though.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I've never shot Glocks well which is a good part of the reason why I traded mine. The P226 I traded it for is a sweet shooting gun, i like it alot. I am also interested in the XDm 9, I have never owned an XD and would like to try the XDm to see if I like it.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    notagain.jpg
    The op didnt ask what one was better (XD is hands down cuz glocks BLOW ! ) he ask about the size ! They are pretty close to the same size . Have a nice day :patriot:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I LOVE XD's but I don't like XDM's, way bigger and not really any(noticeable) improvement other than a few more rounds in the mag.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    notagain.jpg
    The op didnt ask what one was better (XD is hands down cuz glocks BLOW ! ) he ask about the size ! They are pretty close to the same size . Have a nice day :patriot:

I did answer the question.

I DIDN'T say the Glock was better, I just said the the XDM9 didn't impress enough to change platforms.

Get over yourself.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    As others have already said, the size is nearly the same.

To me it is like which is better, an F150/Silverado/Ram, go with the one you are the most comfortable with!

Too many variables for a true heads up comparison, Glock/Springfield/Smith, they all make good ones and they also make a few bad ones.

The guy spending the money has the only opinion that matters.

:twocents:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    like bigcraig, i shot an xdm for the first time saturday. the plus for me over the glock platform is the length of pull. i have short fingers and the xdm with the #1 backstrap fit my hand well.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I have an XD 9 that is well broken in and shoots really smooth an accurate. I have a new XDm 9 and it operates pretty much the same, it just needs broken in. Sometimes when comparing older guns to newer guns we don't think about the break in time. Really, what is going to feel better than a gun that is well worn and broken in? I have a lot of shooting to do!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think it's hard to compare the 17 to the XDm. The 17 and XD9 are closer.

The XDm should be compared to the G34. Both are the same price and "upgraded" versions to their predecessors.

I'd like to shoot a 9mm XDm, I won't lie.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    like bigcraig, i shot an xdm for the first time saturday. the plus for me over the glock platform is the length of pull. i have short fingers and the xdm with the #1 backstrap fit my hand well.

That's one thing I'd like to check out, I love my G34, but my hands are too stubby to grip it properly.

Top Bottom