• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That feels an awful lot like sarcasm... is there something against Eagle Creek I'm missing?

Not at all. Years ago I used to go to Don's Guns all the time because it was year round and I could afford it. After seeing how ECPR is, I have NO desire to go to any other range for anything other than rifle or extended distance shooting. The RSO's are very helpful and friendly and they are there to help you as well as make sure everyone around you is being safe so YOU don't have to worry about THEM.

I've heard there are other ranges which have RSO's.:dunno: But then the question becomes, "How good are the RSO's?" Are they friendly? Are they helpful with anything you may need? Are there enough of them (1 RSO trying to watch 20 shooters is nearly pointless)? I've watched a gentleman come to ECPR with a brand new custom shop Kimber and it was not fitted properly. Two RSO's at ECPR spent 2-3 hours working on it for the guy to get it functioning. I'm NOT saying that those capabilities are ALWAYS on hand there, but the RSO's do whatever they can to help the shooters. There are also generally at least 1 RSO to every 5 shooters. :twocents:

Don't take my word for it: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/210036-eagle_creek_pistol_range_win.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rience_at_tactical_firearms_training_llc.html

:D

Last edited:

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok that's awesome. I guess I'm in too much of internet forum defense mode. I took your ellipse followed by the caps awesome as sarcasm and thought maybe I'd missed something bad about the range.

It's good to know they are super helpful and attentive though. I read a few horror stories about Don's and got worried all places would be like that. Hopefully I can make a trip down there this weekend and see it for myself.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ok that's awesome. I guess I'm in too much of internet forum defense mode. I took your ellipse followed by the caps awesome as sarcasm and thought maybe I'd missed something bad about the range.

It's good to know they are super helpful and attentive though. I read a few horror stories about Don's and got worried all places would be like that. Hopefully I can make a trip down there this weekend and see it for myself.
    NEVER go to Don's for anything other than entertainment purposes and even then I wouldn't suggest it without a belt-fed device.:D

Pop's guns is cheaper than Don's, but they are :poop: for customer service, IMO. My wife and I went in there on day during the week with a little time to kill thought we'd browse and maybe get some range time in. Walked around for over 20 minutes not ONE employee so much as said HI, let alone offered to show us anything. There were only like 5-6 lanes in their range and it was PACKED. At least a 3 hour waiting line for the range. Then come to find out that they let their "membership" customers go ahead of everyone else. :rolleyes:

ECPR is cheaper than BOTH. They not only has great staff, but there is 20 lanes. So almost NEVER a wait and if there is it will only be like 10-15 minutes. Plus, it's an outdoor range BUT the firing line is COVERED so nobody gets soaked. Oh, AND they provide targets for free unless you'd like to bring your own. The others make you pay for additional targets you use.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeah, their website says they are only open to the public Saturday and Sunday. During the week they are used by the Police for training.
    This is correct. The facility is the firearms training facility for IMPD Mon-Fri unfortunately. They are open on Saturdays and Sundays 9-5 rain or shine. It sucks for those with different work schedules, but it's just one of those things you have to balance whether or not it's worth it with your schedule and the additional service, safety, price, etc.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Nevermind just saw it. Open on Saturdays and Sundays now to the public. I have heard good things so I may have to check it out. Have a friend who is a member at MCFG but its 10/person for nonmembers and you have to go with a member who can only bring 2 guests.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Personally, the fact that I KNOW someone is watching the "new guy" next to me and it's SO much cheaper than the other ranges...makes it worth it to me. I don't have to worry about the guy racking his pistol pointing it at me in the next lane. Other ranges charge by the hour, but ECPR you can buy daily passes for about the same hourly charge as the others. The best deals are the 10 visit pass or season pass if you can make it out on weekends enough. The 10 visit pass does NOT expire whereas the season pass expires on Dec 31st.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Nevermind just saw it. Open on Saturdays and Sundays now to the public. I have heard good things so I may have to check it out. Have a friend who is a member at MCFG but its 10/person for nonmembers and you have to go with a member who can only bring 2 guests.
    Yeah for that, if you're available on weekends I would HIGHLY suggest ECPR's 10 visit pass. Each of the 10 visits is an ALL DAY pass and you can share it with guests you bring. It doesn't expire EVER and it only costs $75 which means every time a person uses it, they get to shoot ALL DAY LONG for only $7.50 a day.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Maybe I'm confused on it. There are 2 dates on it, May 24th (today) and December 31st. Does this mean you have to buy it by today and it does not expire December 31st? I have a birthday next week and going to the range with the wife so thought I would check it out.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Maybe I'm confused on it. There are 2 dates on it, May 24th (today) and December 31st. Does this mean you have to buy it by today and it does not expire December 31st? I have a birthday next week and going to the range with the wife so thought I would check it out.
    The SALE event ends today or tomorrow, I think. The range stays open until December 31st.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Where are they at? What does a membership cost? I'm looking for someplace I can go shoot 2-3 times a month on more days than just weekends. I'd love to be able to go after work when I have a stressful day, but ECPR doesn't work for that.

*edit* I can't type today.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    OP, thank you for the heads up on the deal. I've been looking for an excuse to take my Dad to the range. He hasn't shot many pistols but he has been wanting to try my XDm and I was thinking that ECPR would be the perfect place to take him.

Top Bottom