• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    No explanation, just a few pictures and I will let you all fill in the blanks... This is just a tease for when I do a complete build thread including some youtube videos!

IMG_1493_zpsa114c460.jpg

IMG_1494_zpsefa150ee.jpg

axleglue_zps2fde5633.jpg

IMG_1499_zpsbcaaf4ab.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Four pounder?

Three pounder... but its actually a subcaliber bore.... instead of 2.97 inch's its 2.25 so maybe a two and three quarter pounder?

Long story short, its 46 inch's long, 7.5 major diameter, weighs 260 pounds and is a pool ball bore. roughly a half pound of black powder per shot.

Replica of what would have been used to win this countries freedom, hopefully it doesnt need to be used to rewin our freedoms.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Where in the world did you come up with that? Also your woodworking looks great. Did you fashion the wheel too?

Did not make the wheels, i purchased them. there will be ALOT of woodworking with this one.

Hell yes!!! This looks like fun! I have to ask; why does anybody need a cannon? You cannot hunt with a cannon. I'll be watching this one!

guess again MT. HOWITZER <<< hunting with a cannon (i do not plan on hunting with this cannon though)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So would this be an alternative for a home defense weapon? I suppose a single blast would ward of intruders as opposed to 2 blasts from a double barrel shotgun? Is this gonna be a high capacity cannon?

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    So would this be an alternative for a home defense weapon? I suppose a single blast would ward of intruders as opposed to 2 blasts from a double barrel shotgun? Is this gonna be a high capacity cannon?

Not a high enough magazine capacity to be listed as an assault cannon. Just the ticket for blasting through crazy uncle Joes closed doors though.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Oh man... something else I want

I'm not sure if INGO makes me more happy than sad :(

Awesome Project!

Ironically it was a shoddy cannon for sale in the classified here on ingo that made me research if it was worth what they were asking. Found out the item was junk and i could build 10 times as cool of a cannon for the same price they were asking. I pushed the idea off saying if i still want one next year then i will pursue the idea further.

Every now and then i would think about it and mention to the wife that i was still interested. as we were getting closer to our due date for my son i told her i still wanted one that since she was getting a baby i should get a cannon. she agreed, and thats where we are at now. unfortunatly she is at work and i am babysitting so no progress is being made on the cannon right now.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009

Yeah, What every lady needs for home defense.:laugh:

Gotta admit, that made me chuckle.

Cool Project!

Top Bottom