• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I've always called them in, and have never baited them. But, I seriously thought of saving gut piles from my deer this year, as well as those of my friends. All a guy would need to do is slap each gut pile in a large ziplock bag like the ones you store your hunting clothes in, and pile an old chest freezer full. The only reason I didn't do it is my lack of an old chest freezer.

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Perfectly legal, and I promote it. Kill em all. I want the bunny population to shoot through the roof. My dogs and I much appreciate the killing of coyotes.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have the remains of 2 deer that my buddy and I process waiting for them now. We also trap so once whe skin our animals we throw the carcuss in there also.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Any animal carcass will work, the larger the better. Set in wooded area where yotes will find it and set snares. then check every morning.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I will be doing this soon. My dog managed to get in one of the pig pens and kill a pig. So I'm going to set it out for coyote bait this week.

And yes now my dog is tied up, I can't risk her getting in there again.

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    ive used live rabbits for bait. if the rabbit wont make a noise then use a caller to get them in, when they see the rabbit they almost always come in. good luck

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    ive used live rabbits for bait. if the rabbit wont make a noise then use a caller to get them in, when they see the rabbit they almost always come in. good luck

Be careful. Here your entering a gray area. This could be taken as cruelty to animals. This is not legal. The animal used for bait must be dead. Not in a cage or on a leash.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    anybody tried using warm, old chicken livers(full bowls)? let them set out in the sun and get warm and stinky, then place several out around where you are hunting. I havent yet but its cheep and seems like it would work. i plan to try soon.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    go to your local slaughter house and get some bags of guts.....hit the callers and they'll come in and get fightin' over the pile then:ar15::ar15::ar15:

rebel357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    yes its legal. i have shot and trapped several off of a deer carcass that i staked down in a field corner.

Top Bottom