• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Boredom can be useful at times...

Tonight I was searching about when you have to identify yourself.

Indiana code 34-28-5-3.5 states that you must provide identification ONLY IF you are guilty of an infraction or ordnance violation.

So, how are you supposed to know that you have committed an infraction or ordnance violation? Well...

Indiana code 34-28-5-3 states: whenever a law enforcement officer believes in good faith that a person has committed an infraction or ordnance violation, the law enforcement officer may detain that person for a time sufficient to:
    1. Inform the person of the allegation;
    2. Obtain the person's
    A. Name, address, and date of birth; or,
    B. Driver's license, if in the person's possession; and
    3. Allow the person to execute a notice to appear.

What I find really interesting is that the law was written in that order...

Anyway, while searching, I found this blog in another forum. The person refused to identify himself, the officer never gave a reason beyond "he was suspicious", but still chose to arrest him. All charges were dropped...

Aimless: Land of the Free, Part I

Some words are nsfw. Aimless: Land of the Free, Part I

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've more to add...

Why was I looking this up?

Indiana 35-47-2-24 doesn't specifically state you have to show your LTCH, but it's pretty obvious your LTCH is your get out of jail card since carrying a handgun is illegal without an LTCH, but I can't find anywhere that you have to provide more than your LTCH.

So, if asked, my LTCH is the only thing I'll provide...

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So a prison guard sees a guy walking around the prison that he probably has never seen before walking down an interstate road (which I’m pretty sure is prohibited by federal law), when he tries to talk to the guy about why he is walking around the parameter of the prison, he walks away. Prison calls the sheriff because there is a strange guy walking the parameter of the fence who is uncooperative. Guy is uncooperative with the sheriff’s investigation in to the suspicious person complaint. Then resists arrest.
    Somebody get me my Kleenex

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    So a prison guard sees a guy walking around the prison that he probably has never seen before walking down an interstate road (which I’m pretty sure is prohibited by federal law), when he tries to talk to the guy about why he is walking around the parameter of the prison, he walks away. Prison calls the sheriff because there is a strange guy walking the parameter of the fence who is uncooperative. Guy is uncooperative with the sheriff’s investigation in to the suspicious person complaint. Then resists arrest.

What does the Federal Law and the Interstate have to do with the price of eggs in China?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

IC 9-21-17-13
    Sidewalk unavailable; use of shoulder
    Sec. 13. If a sidewalk is not available, a pedestrian walking along and upon a highway shall walk only on a shoulder, as far as practicable from the edge of the roadway.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.
    IC 9-21-17-14
    Sidewalk or shoulder unavailable; use of outside edge of roadway
    Sec. 14. If neither a sidewalk nor a shoulder is available, a pedestrian walking along and upon a highway shall walk as near as practicable to an outside edge of the roadway. If the roadway is two-way, the pedestrian shall walk only on the left side of the roadway.

BTW - If the arrest is unlawful, than it isn't illegal to resist. Probably why the charge of resisting arrest was dropped.

Guess you should try to look up laws before you make snide comments.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Ummmm....WHAT????

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

Wow. The term you are looking for is "Correctional Officer". This post was wrong from the third word. :n00b:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    IC 9-21-17-13
    Sidewalk unavailable; use of shoulder
    Sec. 13. If a sidewalk is not available, a pedestrian walking along and upon a highway shall walk only on a shoulder, as far as practicable from the edge of the roadway.
    IC 9-21-17-14
    Sidewalk or shoulder unavailable; use of outside edge of roadway
    Sec. 14. If neither a sidewalk nor a shoulder is available, a pedestrian walking along and upon a highway shall walk as near as practicable to an outside edge of the roadway. If the roadway is two-way, the pedestrian shall walk only on the left side of the roadway.

BTW - If the arrest is unlawful, than it isn't illegal to resist. Probably why the charge of resisting arrest was dropped.

Guess you should try to look up laws before you make snide comments.

so umm....like....how does IC relate to federal law, like my post said?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    What was his RAS? He never stated it in his report. No RAS, no reason to ask for identification= false arrest.

Top Bottom