• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In homage to the "Dumbest things you have said" thread, I give you the:

Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun, thread.

I will start. Today, I had to answer the call of nature. Hate public bathrooms, but I had no choice, know what I mean?

So I stand up, hike up my pants. just about as they get near my waist..

Well, let's just say the Bersa does NOT fire when dropped a couple feet onto tile :ugh:

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    Tried aiming a pistol grip 12 gauge... Thankfully I didn't have to ask for two front teeth for christmas... but my teeth sure did hurt for a few hours, plenty of blood too :facepalm:

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Dumb gun happenings

I had a friend who was, shall we say, cerebrally challenged. He wanted to learn to shoot a pistol. This was about 20 years ago, and we lived in Greenwood, so I took him to Don's Guns. I had a S&W Model 19, .357. I showed him how to aim, breath, and gently squeeze the trigger, in the single action mode. Now, I want you to realize that the pistol was verrrry light on the trigger when the hammer was cocked.

He aims the revolver down range, cocks the hammer, and starts to squeeze. At this point he turns to me, the barrel about two feet from my chest, and says "But what if...." Fighting to remain calm, I quietly told him to lay the gun down. He just looked at me puzzled, hammer cocked, finger on the trigger, aimed dead at my chest from two feet away. Once again I quietly told him to lay the gun down, and step back. Once he did this I had him up against the wall, yelling at him to never point a gun at me again. The lesson was over.

I have taught several people to shoot since then, but I always start and finish the lesson or demonstration with the admonishment not to point a gun at something your not ready to destroy. What should be common sense, can be extremely uncommon. Not telling a noob to not point a gun at you is very dumb. It gets expensive if you have to buy a new pair of shorts after every lesson.:D

emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    IndyRoadie
    "I will start. Today, I had to answer the call of nature. Hate public bathrooms, but I had no choice, know what I mean?
    So I stand up, hike up my pants. just about as they get near my waist.."

I bet that helped you get your buisness done. :laugh:

Tried aiming a pistol grip 12 gauge... Thankfully I didn't have to ask for two front teeth for christmas... but my teeth sure did hurt for a few hours, plenty of blood too :facepalm:

Ouch that hurt....:n00b:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    In homage to the "Dumbest things you have said" thread, I give you the:

Dumbest thing you have DONE with a gun, thread.

I will start. Today, I had to answer the call of nature. Hate public bathrooms, but I had no choice, know what I mean?

So I stand up, hike up my pants. just about as they get near my waist..

Well, let's just say the Bersa does NOT fire when dropped a couple feet onto tile :ugh:

I did that to my Taurus PT111 also. Seems like it was only about a week after I bought it. Fortunately is just about the worst, except for a slide bite while shooting it off of a bag.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    dumbest thing

i was letting the hammer down on my 1911 and it discharged.shot all the way through the ceiling and put a nice size hole right above my wife's piano.only way she found out was there was some drywall dust i didnt get cleaned up.boy she was :xmad:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Can I nominate these guys??

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/39880-welcome_to_tactical_response.html.

screenshot2.jpg

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Walked into a McD's with a 1911 in my waist band, in the middle of my back, sans holster. I leaned on the counter to order.......had to excuse myself and go to the restroom to remove something that had slid into my underwear, walked kinda funny too. Upon my return clerk commented that was the first time someone got sick before eating!!!!!!! Haven't like in waist band carry since......................................:@ya:..............<>< Duce

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Just this afternoon, was cleaning my Sig P239, and put it back together, pointed gun at wall and released slide....
    To find I had not flipped the take down lever.. Slide goes sailing into wall.....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Much much younger, and a whole lot more stupid, I wanted to see what a .410 slug would do to a golf ball. Never found the first one?!
    Not to be deterred, I came up with "a cunning plan...". I rested a golf ball at the base of a tree, and took a second shot, from maybe 10 yards.
    That golf ball went by my right ear close enough to feel the wind!
    HUGE lesson learned!

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Where do I start.....the list is way long.:dunno: I have never done anything stupid to put anyone else in harms way but WOW have i done some stupid things!
    My first handgun Beretta 96, I brought home first day and was at my buddies in the yard. I took it apart to show him how easy it was to take apart and somehow sent the spring FLYING through the field. We spent the next hour looking for it and found it!
    I bought a XD .45 for my dad from a friend. Called dad after i bought it and ask him what the GAP stood for. It wasnt such a good deal after that!! He still laughs about it but won't let me live it down. I know the difference now.
    I got a Otis cleaning jig and line STUCK in the barrel of my .17hmr. That is a long story but OTIS cleaning system people are the best people ever. They really have the best customer service ever!! I will never buy a different kind of cleaning system. EVER!!! There is more but dont have the room!:D

Top Bottom