Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    *WARNING* Some of this content may be NSFW/NSFL

Nine dead in Kiev Clashes: Police - NY Daily News

Police are beginning to arm themselves
    hvJjNgXdzaQ.jpg

Here is a video of the days events. Protesters now have firearms, and aren't afraid to use them
    [video=youtube;2q4TaZyKv3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q4TaZyKv3Y[/video]

We are watching history unfold here, and it's absolutely mind blowing

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This one map helps explain Ukraine?s protests

I thought this explains the conflict succinctly:

"Ukraine's ethno-lingistic political division is sort of like the United States' "red America" and "blue America" divide, but in many ways much deeper -- imagine if red and blue America literally spoke different languages. The current political conflict, which at its most basic level is over whether the country will lean toward Europe or toward Russia, is like the Ukrainian equivalent of gun control, abortion and same-sex marriage all rolled into one."

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    There was a video on Vimeo (now removed) showing protestors throwing a frag grenade at a line of riot police. One officer noticed and attempted to kick the grenade away as it exploded. The result was not pretty.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    There was a video on Vimeo (now removed) showing protestors throwing a frag grenade at a line of riot police. One officer noticed and attempted to kick the grenade away as it exploded. The result was not pretty.
    Holy crap, at what point does protest become revolution?

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    According to one observer in Kiev it was a revolution over a month ago it is just that the shooting has now begun. My brother lives in Kiev and has been at the Maidan daily, this evening he told me that he won't be going there tomorrow as he has better things to do.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I have a cousin over there, he posts regularly about how bad things have gotten. He went over as a Christian Missionary, and has chosen to be there until the conflict is over - or until he dies. Scary stuff......

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shoulda signed that EU deal, Victor!

Those protestors look to have absolutely no fear of those riot police with their little shields and batons. They seemed to be taking those shields away at will and using them to protect themselves from the police.

I heard quite a bit of yelling in perfect English, which surprised me.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I think I found the video you're referring to. It was from a month ago. It was not a frag and it was not thrown at cops. A protestor picked up what was apparently a cop-thrown flash-bang, and as he was in the wind up to throw it back, it took his hand off.

Not going to link it here, but it's pretty straight forward if you want to see it, just search popular video sites for "Ukraine grenade". Video of violent revolution is one thing. Video of violent revolution with bloody dismemberment is something else.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    It seems like most of the cops don't want to fight. Leads me to believe the protesters may very well prevail, and that makes me wonder how far Putin and the current Ukrainian regime will go to keep Ukraine in the Russian sphere. What would we do if Russia invades Ukraine to "restore order" and takes over? I usually find the Obama bashing boring, but this is the kind of situation where having a community organizer and chief is a real problem. He is not qualified to handle this and he hasn't really surrounded himself with people who are. Kerry? Biden? Chuck Hagel? :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It seems like most of the cops don't want to fight. Leads me to believe the protesters may very well prevail, and that makes me wonder how far Putin and the current Ukrainian regime will go to keep Ukraine in the Russian sphere. What would we do if Russia invades Ukraine to "restore order" and takes over? I usually find the Obama bashing boring, but this is the kind of situation where having a community organizer and chief is a real problem. He is not qualified to handle this and he hasn't really surrounded himself with people who are. Kerry? Biden? Chuck Hagel? :twocents:

Really? I think the same thing would happen as what happened when Russia invaded Georgia a few years back, do you think America should have gotten involved there?

You wouldnt be happy no matter what Obama did. If he didnt act you would complain about how soft he is, and if Obama did act you would say we don't need another war.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Really? I think the same thing would happen as what happened when Russia invaded Georgia a few years back, do you think America should have gotten involved there?

You wouldnt be happy no matter what Obama did. If he didnt act you would complain about how soft he is, and if Obama did act you would say we don't need another war.

That is his standard MO...

This pic makes me think I need to go buy military surplus helmets for me & my family...
    deadlydissent2_20140219_111627.jpg

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon

While you might be right, Ukraine isn't Georgia. We're already involved and covertly supporting the pro-europe side. How could you possibly know what I would say regarding Obama's action or inaction? Based on your response, I assume you think Obama is well qualified to handle complex international diplomacy. Would you cite his performance on Syria as an example of why you have such faith in him?

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    That is his standard MO.../QUOTE]

i stopped posting in your "voting" thread because I had made my point and you couldn't attack my arguments, so you attacked me by implying my posting history was trollish or some nonsense. I can see how someone of limited intelligence might come to that conclusion. The fact is that I hold some beliefs that aren't very popular, so I often take positions that aren't supported by the majority. I think it's funny that my points had such an impact on you that you had to research my posting history to try and find a way to deflect the them. It's downright pathetic that you're following me around talking about my "MO"

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    While you might be right, Ukraine isn't Georgia. We're already involved and covertly supporting the pro-europe side. How could you possibly know what I would say regarding Obama's action or inaction? Based on your response, I assume you think Obama is well qualified to handle complex international diplomacy. Would you cite his performance on Syria as an example of why you have such faith in him?

Thanks for not answering my question. So here's another one ..... How should the US choose which civil war to intervene in?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just like the good ol USA, everything may not be as it appears. My wife is from Ukraine and her parents are still there and they paint an entirely different picture than you are seeing on the news.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT]1911 & M&P Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just like the good ol USA, everything may not be as it appears. My wife is from Ukraine and her parents are still there and they paint an entirely different picture than you are seeing on the news.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]1911 & M&P Mechanic

Care to offer up any details?

Top Bottom