• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Buy, buy, buy!

Do you have your lowers lined up like ducklings? Do you have the Rubbermaid tub full of mags? Do you have duplicates of your carry gun(s)? Do you have those spares off your property.

How about ammo? Got it in cans? Got an inventory? Got primers even if you don't reload?

Get dug in. Get wired in. Get trained up. Always one more thing to do!

Stockpile Guns and Ammunition in 2017 - AllOutdoor.com

ef5d4c1062eb04cae11c7a6f6b5d667e39465e03388659320b1c7ac0ab91b3ec.jpg

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Hahaha. I've bought 6 firearms in the past couple months. I've thought about buying a stack of lowers but I have 3 completed and 1 more lower I'm doing an m16 clone. Also have an ar10 lower that needs to be started. I'm getting to the point I need to finish projects before I buy more. It's so hard bc prices are crazy good right now.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    What are the local prices y'all are seeing on lowers? They look to be going for as little as $40 online. The ones in Rural King are $70, which is pretty close, depending on transfer fees. Curious if any of the LGS are more reasonable.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    What are the local prices y'all are seeing on lowers? They look to be going for as little as $40 online. The ones in Rural King are $70, which is pretty close, depending on transfer fees. Curious if any of the LGS are more reasonable.

i just picked up 5 Anderson lowers from my FFL that I bought on primary arms for $29 each. Cheapest I have ever seen on lowers.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Watson Chambers does free transfers with *any* purchase. Right in the middle of columbus

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, son and I collect and have been buying for 20 ~ 30 years. Always looking for a great deal. Really don't "need" anything at the moment ~ have a pretty large inventory of ammo, many firearms, purchased 2 guns in the last 3 months, and an upper for an AR, (still have at least 2 or 3 spare lowers). Due to the way we buy, usually in bulk when prices are very good, we have accumulated more ammo and reloading supplies than my son and I could use for the rest of our lives. However, still attend just about every local gun show and will purchase when prices are right, only thing I would really like to buy is some bricks of 22LR, waiting for the price to hit $25 or less. Don't really need any (have 5K+ rounds between us, purchased before price went up). Do want to purchase more 50 BMG when I find a good buy, however it is hard to find a place to shoot the ammo we have! During shortages of ammo and high prices of firearms, son and I didn't have any need to buy, We have everything we need, (even in a SHTF situation) purchased at low prices when there were no shortages or panic. We never sold any ammo, firearms or components so were sometimes called Hoarders.

However NOW is the time for all the people that called me and others like me "hoarders" to do a little thinking and stock up. Prices are great now. Purchase a little every week and you will never feel the pain when shortages occur, prices rise again, or something is banned!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes it is a buyers market out there. However, practically all of the big stores and quite a few big LGS's (brick and mortar) did not get the memo. These stores are still sticking to just about MSRP and they refuse to budge on price. Then the idiots that operate these places wonder why their stock is not moving. Prime example: Gander Mountain. Another example I found in Indiana the other day was a LGS with full list prices on virtually every new firearm and used firearms, some looking awfully used, at within 85-90%+ of full list price. You have to wonder how these businesses stay in business when you have internet sellers competing with much lower prices even with shipping and transfer fees included in the final cost they still beat the big boys.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom