12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I've emailed and posted my stance on their position and encourage other INGO members to as well. We need to show them how much business they've just lost by sticking themselves in an issue they know nothing about.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have emailed them and let them know I will no longer eat there. I don't think that is going to bother them though. There is now a proven record of what happens. Starbucks banned guns, we threatened a boycott, and business wasn't hurt by any measure. I don't think they have any concerns about a boycott from the other side either. They just saw asshat behavior and decided to put a stop to it.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    They just saw asshat behavior and decided to put a stop to it.

So then why do you support asshat behavior? Just because some morons have guns, they don't stop being morons. There should be a way to support 2A rights without supporting bad behavior with guns.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So then why do you support asshat behavior? Just because some morons have guns, they don't stop being morons. There should be a way to support 2A rights without supporting bad behavior with guns.

I'm not sure that I understand your post, but if you are saying that you don't want to give up your burrito bowl then by all means have at bro, it is your choice. I will stand with Expat and the others that Chipolte was bullied and caved in. Now they want to deny me of my rights that my family members shed blood for. No Thanks!!!!

I have enjoyed the food there as much as the next guy (I'm 260 lbs so maybe I have enjoyed it a little too much) but I have to stand for the thing I believe in or I will fall for anything. I think the guys in the picture couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and did nothing but cause damage that we are all have to pay for.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I emailed them and told them I wouldn't patronize their establishment ever again and neither will any of my law abiding gun owner friends. This is suppose to be America and they are infringing on our rights!

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Gluemanz28;5047598.....Now they want to deny me of my rights that my family members shed blood for. No Thanks!!!![/QUOTE said:
    This is interesting and at the heart of the ignorance that prevails throughout much of the gun community. Exactly when was it that your "family members" shed blood for "your rights" that you feel are being denied to you? What rights are being denied to you by Chipotle's action?

Chipotle, like Starbucks before them, is the victim here. The jerks with the AR's, who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a firearm, are the bad guys. That's reality.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Gluemanz summed it up pretty well. I don't approve of what the two guys did. I think it has shown itself to be counterproductive. But we are at war with the gun banners. So if Chipotle is pushed into taking a side and they choose the other side, then they are no longer either on my side or a non-combatant. So they have to be treated as being on the other side. I won't spend my money there.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Look at the picture with the moron with his finger on the trigger. Not a person I want to be around and in a place with people in the area doesn't send out a good picture. Another restaurant to stay out of.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Asked and Answered

My e-mail to them.

Guns not welcome...

How disappointing that I am no longer welcome in your stores. While I enjoy your food I will not disarm myself and be defenseless just to buy your food. It is not as though you will guarantee my safety and provide appropriate security in your stores and parking lots.

The photo of the two idiots with rifles is disturbing and I may have asked them myself to put their toys away if I had been in the restaurant. How sad that the manager of that individual store did not have the training to deal with an isolated incident and instead an entire corporate policy had to be adopted.

Decisions have consequences. My family and many of my friends will no longer be customers at your stores. While my individual purchases will not impact your corporate bottom line if you keep succumbing to every tweeter campaign you will find your successful business slowly decline and then look back and wonder why.

Goodbye, S___.

Their response in just a few hours

S___,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the presence of guns in our restaurants. We completely respect your feelings on this matter and understand that there are very strong arguments on both sides of this issue.

Chipotle has never taken a position on this issue, as we focus instead on our mission to change the way people think about and eat fast food. In the past, we simply complied with local laws regarding the open or concealed carrying of firearms.

Over the weekend, participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns into one of our restaurants. Because the display of firearms in our restaurants has caused such discomfort for many of our customers, we believe it is time to make a request that customers do not bring guns into our restaurants.

We understand the vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens and follow local laws while carrying their firearms. We hope that those same citizens will understand how allowing guns within our restaurants could cause anxiety and concern for many customers and will honor our request to refrain from bringing their firearms into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

We're certainly sorry if this request has offended you in any way and appreciate you sharing your perspective.

Sincerely,
    Amanda C

Customer Service Consultant
    Chipotle Mexican Grill

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    This is interesting and at the heart of the ignorance that prevails throughout much of the gun community. Exactly when was it that your "family members" shed blood for "your rights" that you feel are being denied to you? What rights are being denied to you by Chipotle's action?

Chipotle, like Starbucks before them, is the victim here. The jerks with the AR's, who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a firearm, are the bad guys. That's reality.

I will give you a pass on the ignorance remark since you are a noob and might not understand good manners. I have family members that have lost their life defending this country and ancestors that built the American way of life. Please allow me to respect you by not disrespecting my family. I choose not to do business with some place that is anti 2nd Amendment, if you chose to then roll on over and get your beloved burrito. Just don't try to convince me how its ok.

Chipolte should have just asked them to leave if they didn't want them there, but they didn't, they caved in to Moms Demand Action. Chipolte is not a victim, they are a business that had a choice to make and they chose the wrong one.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [STRIKE]Cheaper Than Dirt[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Starbucks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Chipotle[/STRIKE]

Who doesn't want my business next?

I can do this stuff all day.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My e-mail to them.

Their response in just a few hours

I got the same Template letter. I will be responding that if they would have addressed the issue at the local store it would have been handled.

Gluemanz28

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the presence of guns in our restaurants. We completely respect your feelings on this matter and understand that there are very strong arguments on both sides of this issue.

Chipotle has never taken a position on this issue, as we focus instead on our mission to change the way people think about and eat fast food. In the past, we simply complied with local laws regarding the open or concealed carrying of firearms.

Over the weekend, participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns into one of our restaurants. Because the display of firearms in our restaurants has caused such discomfort for many of our customers, we believe it is time to make a request that customers do not bring guns into our restaurants.

We understand the vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens and follow local laws while carrying their firearms. We hope that those same citizens will understand how allowing guns within our restaurants could cause anxiety and concern for many customers and will honor our request to refrain from bringing their firearms into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

We're certainly sorry if this request has offended you in any way and appreciate you sharing your perspective.

Sincerely,
    Amanda C

Customer Service Consultant
    Chipotle Mexican Grill

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I got the same Template letter. I will be responding that if they would have addressed the issue at the local store it would have been handled.

Gluemanz28

If the manager would have just taken off his apron, grabbed a pair of those Vegan balls and got the mean chick using the chef's knife to back him up this whole thing could have been handled at the store level and been done with.

How does Chipotle plan to protect all its unarmed sheeple if the person in charge cannot even deal with a couple of morons?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    [STRIKE]Cheaper Than Dirt[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Starbucks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Chipotle[/STRIKE]

Who doesn't want my business next?

I can do this stuff all day.

I read somewhere that the Texas Open Carry people want to educate the Pizza Hut people next on the issue of open rifle carry, so prepare to put them on the list as well. Which sucks because I actually do eat there occasionally.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom