• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    INGO safety nazi types, hear this.

I took off early from work heading to the 1500. I always leave magazine in my car, keep my empty gun(with a red chamber flag plugged in) in my backpack.

as you know there's a clearing barrel right out of the gate and a big sign saying "no loaded guns".

I went in and laid my gun on the table so the IMPD can check it. at the same time, the guy at my left was doing the same thing only he had his holstered. right from the corner of my eye, I saw him un-holstered his 1911 and immediately, the IMPD cop started to yell at him "STOP, STOP Right There!!". I backed away from the table by instincts, and it took me couple seconds to realize what had just happened.

He had a loaded gun and trying to pull the slide WITH HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER, WHILE THE MUZZLE POINTING DOWN AT THE COP'S GUT. by this time the cop was mad, so were everybody around, I mean ∑TF!!!

finally he put the gun down and the cop took over, unloaded it, it had a full mag with 1 in the tube. after that, the cop actually hold the gun(with slide locked back) toward the guy and ask him "how do you feel about having a gun pointing at ya". considering the circumstances, I thought it's kinda cool. I guess lessons learned.

that cop deserves a cold one or a bunch tonight.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yea the guy with the loaded 1911 was definitely unsafe and idiotic, but I wouldn't be buying the cop so much as a used a tampon. Idc care how pissed off he was or how dumb the other guy was, he never should have pointed the gun at him. NO if's and's or but's about it. -1 to the idiot and -2 to the cop who should have known better than to pull that kind of crap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea the guy with the loaded 1911 was definitely unsafe and idiotic, but I wouldn't be buying the cop so much as a used a tampon. Idc care how pissed off he was or how dumb the other guy was, he never should have pointed the gun at him. NO if's and's or but's about it. -1 to the idiot and -2 to the cop who should have known better than to pull that kind of crap.

I get your point but slide locked back I can see this to be minimal punishment for an incident the should have resulted in an A$$ whooping. I know the 4 rules and all. Seriously, some folks just should not own guns.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I took off early from work heading to the 1500. I always leave magazine in my car, keep my empty gun(with a red chamber flag plugged in) in my backpack.

as you know there's a clearing barrel right out of the gate and a big sign saying "no loaded guns".

I went in and laid my gun on the table so the IMPD can check it. at the same time, the guy at my left was doing the same thing only he had his holstered. right from the corner of my eye, I saw him un-holstered his 1911 and immediately, the IMPD cop started to yell at him "STOP, STOP Right There!!". I backed away from the table by instincts, and it took me couple seconds to realize what had just happened.

He had a loaded gun and trying to pull the slide WITH HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER, WHILE THE MUZZLE POINTING DOWN AT THE COP'S GUT. by this time the cop was mad, so were everybody around, I mean ∑TF!!!

finally he put the gun down and the cop took over, unloaded it, it had a full mag with 1 in the tube. after that, the cop actually hold the gun(with slide locked back) toward the guy and ask him "how do you feel about having a gun pointing at ya". considering the circumstances, I thought it's kinda cool. I guess lessons learned.

I puckered a little when I read the finger on the trigger part.

Yeah a good ***-chewing was in order but leading by example would have been my tact.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have always thought the gun checking by IMPD at 1500 must be one of the more dangerous assignments. So many morons

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have always thought the gun checking by IMPD at 1500 must be one of the more dangerous assignments. So many morons

I think you will find they are not on duty and are working there on their day off...

They chose what they want to do on there days off, working the 1500 would not be on my list of extra income...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Right. He could have been killed! My cousin's best friend's uncle's coworker was killed under similar circumstances. Gun was being pointed at him in the exact same way when a bystander tripped, knocking a loose round off the table and it tumbled up into the ejection port just as he hit the slide release trying to catch his fall. The slide slammed home, chambering the round and BANG shot. him. dead. Darndest thing anyone ever saw.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Right. He could have been killed!

Pointing an unloaded firearm at another human being is a misdemeanor in Indiana.

They could easily stand up and mingle rather than sit facing the goobers. I'd rather be next to a guy clearing a gun than in front of and below him

Never understood why they do not line the Cletii up in a firing line and make everyone show clear while pointing guns at a sand bagged wall with IMPD safely behind the Cletii.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Right. He could have been killed! My cousin's best friend's uncle's coworker was killed under similar circumstances. Gun was being pointed at him in the exact same way when a bystander tripped, knocking a loose round off the table and it tumbled up into the ejection port just as he hit the slide release trying to catch his fall. The slide slammed home, chambering the round and BANG shot. him. dead. Darndest thing anyone ever saw.

Did I say he could have been killed? Sarcasm noted, but honestly if you think it's alright to ever point a gun at someone even if it's clearly unloaded, I don't know if I'd want you next to me at the range. Not trying to be a jerk, but I think one of those silly 4 rules is never point a gun at something your not willing to destroy... maybe I made that up...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom