Picture uploader not working, why is this a constant issue?????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Before the site upgrade several months ago, it was no problem uploading pics.
    No I do not want to use photobucket or tinypic. We should be able to upload here easily. But we can't. Also I have 4 pages of pics in the up loader that I would love to delete, but I can't do that either.

Suggestions?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Are the images too big? There is a size limit on the number of pixels for the pics. You may just need to resize them before posting.

I'm not sure what the limit is, but I think it's in the FAQs.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Works for me... :dunno: Once you upload the images, you have to drag them to the "attach" box to put them in the album.

Go to your profile ("profile", not "user CP"), select the album, click upload, add file, select the correct file. click upload, click done. Go to the album and right click "copy image location", paste in the image tag in post.

attachment.php

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Thanks Chez, I know how to do all that, have done it many times. I will check the pic size. That may be the problem. But I still cannot delete pics out of the up loader. I have all kinds of pics of items that I have sold, and no longer need the pics. 4 pages worth.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just use the basic uploader. The other one doesn't work for me.

Edited to add: Something has changed. When I click on the picture icon next to the filmstrip, it only asks for a URL. The uploader doesn't even come up.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It was the pic size. Apparently the "selector" button on my camera moves very easy, so easy that I didn't notice that it had been moved to a different selection.
    Thanks everyone for the input. But there is still no way that I can figure out on how to delete pics out of the up loader.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It was the pic size. Apparently the "selector" button on my camera moves very easy, so easy that I didn't notice that it had been moved to a different selection.
    Thanks everyone for the input. But there is still no way that I can figure out on how to delete pics out of the up loader.

Stand by... I'm bored at work so I'll see if I can figure that one out. Mine's full of junk as well even though I've deleted them from my albums.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I give up. The best I could do was create a "junk" folder within the uploader's "home" folder and dump the old stuff in it so I didn't have to look at it anymore.

Top Bottom