• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    How many Form 1s and 4s pass through the ATF every year? At $200 a piece that is a good chunk of cash they could use to hire people. Lower wait times will probably increase the number of NFA applications which means more money. If an ATF examiner costs 100k a year in pay and benefits, that's only 500 stamps. Surley they can average 2 forms a day.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Good find. I hope it works out for us.

This. I will cheer when a Form 1 or 4 once again takes ~90 days door to door, like the last one I did.

I clearly haven't submitted anything in awhile. :(

How many Form 1s and 4s pass through the ATF every year? At $200 a piece that is a good chunk of cash they could use to hire people.

Except that money generated by the NFA Branch doesn't go back into the NFA Branch; instead it goes into the ATF general fund to be used for who knows what. A *major* shortcoming of the system, IMO.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Except that money generated by the NFA Branch doesn't go back into the NFA Branch; instead it goes into the ATF general fund to be used for who knows what. A *major* shortcoming of the system, IMO.

Which is something we should all be lobbying for. There is no reason why the NFA branch can't be self sufficient. At the very least they need to establish a standard where the more applications processed, the more examiners are employed. It is absurd that a revenue generating branch should be placed in a hiring freeze.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    This. I will cheer when a Form 1 or 4 once again takes ~90 days door to door, like the last one I did.

I clearly haven't submitted anything in awhile. :(

That's true, but from the governments perspective that is even more of a reason to do it. Sure, hiring more NFA examiners makes that department more in the red, but if the money leaves the NFA branch then overall that's more money for the DOJ to **** us over with.

Top Bottom