• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    If it ever happened, demand would skyrocket and prices would climb. Would take years to get back down. Just my thought.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If it ever happened, demand would skyrocket and prices would climb. Would take years to get back down. Just my thought.

I see suppressors as pipes with baffles. Cheap to make. Prices will fall big time.

I think the supply glut would be very short lived as dozens of manufacturers pop up to meet the demand. Advanced materials, complicated engineering, etc all become less necessary on what could become a disposable item (as opposed to now where people are concerned about baffle life, multi-caliber use, cleaning, etc). Lots more garage-built units as everyone with a lathe could turn one out for themselves...

-rvb

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nothing personal guys, but I could see a great many with a massive case of sour grapes demanding that it NOT be passed. "why should my neighbor not have to pay the tax when I've paid it repeatedly. ITS NOT FAIR!"

But I too hope it passes.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My instinct is this is post-election euphoria. But if we could get it through the house, the senate might go ahead and pass it. Trump might be down for it if Pence puts a bug in his ear. But I'm thinking if someone actually did write the bill, it might die in some backroom legislative deal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Nothing personal guys, but I could see a great many with a massive case of sour grapes demanding that it NOT be passed. "why should my neighbor not have to pay the tax when I've paid it repeatedly. ITS NOT FAIR!"

I know this is anecdotal, but from my perspective I don't think that's realistic. I'm waiting on two stamps right now. And while I could use that $400 now, it's water under the bridge. I would be more happy about future prospects than crying over spilled milk.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    It is legit. Safe Hearing Act/Bill that was previously introduced.
    I see this as a good thing. Prices may increase slightly, but with the ability to walk out that day with a suppressor I would be okay with it.
    Also do not forget; you are considered a "responsible" gun owner in the EU if you purchase a suppressor, which mind you you can legally purchase at any store and walk out with that day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know this is anecdotal, but from my perspective I don't think that's realistic. I'm waiting on two stamps right now. And while I could use that $400 now, it's water under the bridge. I would be more happy about future prospects than crying over spilled milk.

I honestly dont think anyone here would do it, but I guess I have a low opinion of the general public.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

nah. people say that about MG owners, too. I've known several MG owners, some w/ several, who were also the biggest donors to groups working to overturn NFA. maybe a few sour grapes, but I think that'd be a small group, esp w/ silencers. besides, who wouldn't want MORE silencers? or to be able to much easier sell/trade/upgrade?

Heck the used market it would create would help meet the immediate demand... currently, most folks don't like to buy/sell used cans due to the $200 transfer hit..

-rvb

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Aren't the SOT (I think that's what I'm talking about) requirements different between regular firearms and NFA items? If so, I'd think the prices would drop since it would be cheaper to manufacture. Pure speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be upset even though I've paid for stamps.

Also, what would happen with the suppressors that are currently NFA items? Do you think they would remain or just be removed from NFA?

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

i think the wording on the bill states that any tax paid after 10/22/15 would be refunded in the form of a tax credit!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I honestly dont think anyone here would do it, but I guess I have a low opinion of the general public.

I bet some on here would. I remember a year or so ago there was a thread talking about constitutional carry in Indiana. A few were against it unless the state would refund their 100 bucks they paid for a lifetime permit.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I bet some on here would. I remember a year or so ago there was a thread talking about constitutional carry in Indiana. A few were against it unless the state would refund their 100 bucks they paid for a lifetime permit.

I wasn't thinking about it from that angle. You have a point.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Even back in the "golden years" of NFA, there was a price difference between the parts kit and original guns.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom