• ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This one on US 31 South.

Before I describe my experience, it occurs to me a sticky of LTCH-friendly copy joints may be worth compiling. And maybe a sticky of un-American copy joints may also be worth compiling. Or maybe both exist and I need to do a little site searching.

And, I wonder if there any gun shops that have a copier and some pink paper all setup for people like me to come in and make copies - kinda like the library. Say $0.15 a copy or something. It's a thought.

On with my quick story:

Went in over lunch today, the gentleman who helped me was very polite. He looked at my LTCH and said, "I can't copy this, it's against policy."

Fair enough, I said, and asked for five sheets of the same shade pink paper. While he went off to find the stock, the apparent manager came over and looked at my LTCH as well and told me they can't copy it. I acknowledged that and told her the guy was helping me find the right shade pink paper and I was going to buy five sheets.

A third employee interjected, "We can't sell that to him if we know he is going to make copies."

I just looked at her and she continued to tell me that they had gotten an email from the Indiana State Police and that copying LTCH is considered counterfeiting.

"Well, I don't want to argue with you, but you are being misled," was my response.

The guy helping me returned with three different shades of pink paper, but none of them were close enough for my satisfaction. I thanked him for looking as the third employee repeated, "Indiana State Police."

"Understood, I'm not arguing with you, but you are being misled."

At that I turned and left.

So, the guy helping me was polite enough but in the end I walked out without a copy and without pink paper.

I see a trip to Kokomo or Shelbyville in my future.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    There are no chain stores in Indiana that will copy it for you. Just accept it, buy the paper, and do it yourself.

Navykid05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    South Indy
    There are no chain stores in Indiana that will copy it for you. Just accept it, buy the paper, and do it yourself.

Incorrect my friend. I went in to Staples, at 86th Street and Michigan Road, on my lunch break and they copied and laminated the copy all for $1.50. They didn't complain or anything. They said, "We've received a lot of these. Give me a couple minutes and you'll be on your way."

The pink paper matched perfectly btw

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I took mine to the Office Max at 146th and Meridian and the lady was not only extremely helpful and very nice, but she knew exactly what I wanted before I even opened my mouth. She saw the sheet and said with a smile, "You need to sign that before I laminate it!"

She said they get about 3 or 4 people in a day to have them laminated.

I got 5 copies and a laminated card for under $2.

Hoosier Buddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    NWI
    Slightly off-topic, and obviously this won't work if you have already discarded the original sheet of paper but here is a good way to make a backup copy when you first receive the document.

Option A: Printer with Scanner method
    1. Scan the original to a .pdf file on your computer.
    2. Insert original pink paper document into printer paper supply tray upside down and print the .pdf file to the bottom.

Option B: Copier method
    1. Copy the original to a sheet of white paper.
    2. Insert original pink paper document into printer paper supply tray upside down and make a copy from the white paper copy.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Back in my younger/college days I worked at one. On occasion we'd have someone come in and try and alter/forge documents. Copying copy written materials was always common and usually resulted in getting cussed at over it. I have fond memories of college girls trying to change their grades. :laugh:

Kinko's got pretty sensitive to just say no when in doubt, as since it's their equipment, they can be liable for what others do with it, or what employees help with. No one that works at Kinko's is a lawyer so give them a break. There was a case one time that someone was trying to copy money with a self-serve color copier and it was actually seized.

Side story: It was a fun place to work, met some cool fellow college-aged friends that I still know, and I liked the equipment, but just not the customers. Retail in whatever form blows... :ar15:

Last edited:

growler46901

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Went to my local Staples in Kokomo for copies and lamination. While I was explaining that I wanted 5 copies on same color of paper, girl behind counter asked if it was a gun permit. I asked why she asked that. She said we can't make copies of those. I lied and said "No, it's just a pink piece of paper that I want 5 copies of on the same color of pink". She did it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm not surprised... Now that the law no longer requires the pink slip be on your person I've just backed up a digital copy. If mine gets lost I'll just print another - on pink or white I don't care - the information it presents is the same.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The last time I went to Kinko's in Lafayette they copied mine, no questions, and were helpful with lamination.

I suppose the Moms Demand Confiscation will be holding a death vigil there soon.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Had five copies made and four laminated for my wife (on 7 May 2013) who just received her LTCH after an 89 day wait.

STAPLES 96th st and I-69 in Fishers. No problems, no hassle, no questions, ask for ERICA.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Office depot on maysville road did mine also. Paper was a 100% perfect match and then had them laminate one afterwards. Here is a further inquiry, anyone ever reduce the size to say 97% of original? Undetectable by eye, but will actually fit in a credit card wallet?

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I'm not surprised... Now that the law no longer requires the pink slip be on your person I've just backed up a digital copy. If mine gets lost I'll just print another - on pink or white I don't care - the information it presents is the same.

Where is that info? Thanks!

As for me I just got mine, i made my own copies .. and I took my 10 copies in to Office Max on E Washington and she laminated them for me without so much as a 2nd look. :)

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne

I thought copies, if detectable, wouldn't be accepted?

Top Bottom