• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

Some key points:

They Are specifically focusing on things they can do without going through Congress;

They need to act right away, Because the farther they get from the new town tragedy, The harder it will be to convince people.;
    Quote: “Debating is not the action verb we need to protect our children.”
    so, they are trying to completely stifle all debate.

A national gun registry database is a key feature.

We need to get serious about stopping this, more than we ever have before.

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post

Some key points:

They Are specifically focusing on things they can do without going through Congress;

They need to act right away, Because the farther they get from the new town tragedy, The harder it will be to convince people.;
    Quote: “Debating is not the action verb we need to protect our children.”
    so, they are trying to completely stifle all debate.

A national gun registry database is a key feature.

We need to get serious about stopping this, more than we ever have before.
    And that is why Reid and the other Democrat low lifes in The Senate are trying to eliminate Filibustering by the Republican minority.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've written to everyone but Donelly. I suggest everyone do the same and keep on them. I'm going to do it at least once per week. Donelly doesn't have an email address set up yet, as far as I can find. We've got to hold his butt accountable for his campaign assurances that he supports the 2A. I'm pretty skeptical at this point. I look forward to communicating clearly and frequently with his office.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    And that is why Reid and the other Democrat low lifes in The Senate are trying to eliminate Filibustering by the Republican minority.

People think you are joking or being sarcastic, but there is talk every 8 years about eliminating the two-term law. I bet 4 years from now that talk is going to be louder than we have ever heard it.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    After reading this I was and still am very upset. For over 20 years of my life I lived under the oath of enlistment and I can't see that in my mind anything has changed, if it comes to that end, so be it. I like most of you have been on a letter writting campain to our house and senate reps and if they don't stand up for the people that they represent then they should be removed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One potential strategy would be to win support for specific measures from interest groups that are normally aligned with the NRA, according to one person who works closely with the administration on gun-related issues and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the issue’s sensitivity.

For instance, this person suggested, Wal-Mart and other major gun retailers may have an incentive to support closing a loophole that allows people to bypass background checks if they purchase firearms at gun shows or through other types of private sales. That could result in more people buying guns in retail stores.

Crony capitalism.

It helped advance Obama-care to get various medical/pharma groups on board early on making them think they could steer and insulate them from the legislation. It's worked before, maybe it'll work again.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Firearm Owners Protection Act (May 19, 1986)

Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 926 (2) (a)) being:

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

Would that not protect us from a national registry?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    "A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said."

Actually this is funny, because they have been doing the same thing to the banks since 9/11. Forcing the banks to track money and report it to the goverment. It's costing the banks millions to do this. Yet the guberment, can't come close to handling the influx of data or make sense of all that data. They miss red waving flags all the time that is contained in that data. Do you really think they have the resources to handle such a job as tracking weapons as well? I doubt they can keep accurate track of their shoes from day to day.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I've written to everyone but Donelly. I suggest everyone do the same and keep on them. I'm going to do it at least once per week. Donelly doesn't have an email address set up yet, as far as I can find. We've got to hold his butt accountable for his campaign assurances that he supports the 2A. I'm pretty skeptical at this point. I look forward to communicating clearly and frequently with his office.

Me too, waiting on Donelly.

Top Bottom