Clerk at Indianapolis 21st Amendment Liquor Store shoots, kills suspected robber

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    notice the graphic rtv6 has on the page "Shooting Fatal". Seems like a good graphic for every day in the Chicago Sun Times, but this was not a gun violence story, this was a good guy wins story. Just looks out of place to me.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Why do they refer to the perp as a "suspected robber"

and dont tell me he was just there to buy some beer after going to the range and just forgot to holster his firearm.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The clerk is a friend of mine, a sandbox Army war vet, and a nursing student at a local college.

I spoke with him this morning. Understandably, he's still shaken up and I suspect that he has that not that all uncommon survivor's guilt....despite the circumstances.

Of course, his G27 was seized by the police. I offered him mine as a loaner if he so desires.

I don't have any firsthand information beyond the news story, as the conversation we had started with me saying......"Don't say anything to me about what happened. Do you have a criminal defense attorney yet?"

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Why do they refer to the perp as a "suspected robber"

and dont tell me he was just there to buy some beer after going to the range and just forgot to holster his firearm.

Because in America you are innocent until proven guilty. I'm sure the evidence will show that he was in fact in the act of committing armed robbery, and thus the clerks actions were justifiable as self defence.

Ted-

Thoughts and prayers with you buddy...what he's going through is not uncommon at all. Hopefully with some help from good friends like you he will come to the realizatoin that his actions were in self defence, and that it was the robber that chose to instigate the situation, not him.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The clerk is a friend of mine, a sandbox Army war vet, and a nursing student at a local college.................

Tell him he might need to look for a new job too if his employers are anything like Kroger.

Also, and more importantly, tell him kudos for not being a victim.
    He did not choose the action, the perp did.

I'm much more pleased with this outcome than the headlines that read...

"Clerk killed by robber at liquor store in Indianapolis."

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The clerk is a friend of mine, a sandbox Army war vet, and a nursing student at a local college.

I spoke with him this morning. Understandably, he's still shaken up and I suspect that he has that not that all uncommon survivor's guilt....despite the circumstances.

Of course, his G27 was seized by the police. I offered him mine as a loaner if he so desires.

I don't have any firsthand information beyond the news story, as the conversation we had started with me saying......"Don't say anything to me about what happened. Do you have a criminal defense attorney yet?"

I don't think he is going to need a criminal defense attorney, maybe a civil defense attorney later on. In either case best not to speak to anyone until he does get an attorney. Best wishes for him I hope everything turns out alright.

Every time I hear stories like this I'm glad I joined USCCA and got the legal protection they offer.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I don't think he is going to need a criminal defense attorney, maybe a civil defense attorney later on. In either case best not to speak to anyone until he does get an attorney. Best wishes for him I hope everything turns out alright.

Every time I hear stories like this I'm glad I joined USCCA and got the legal protection they offer.

I hope he doesn't require a criminal defense attorney, but unfortunately, the good guys are too often prosecuted for defending themselves or another.

I'm shocked that the press hasn't termed him to be a 'vigilante' yet.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Star is quick to point out that this is the second fatal shooting by a store clerk this week. What they haven't mentioned is that had these store clerks not used their firearms, we'd likely have two dead, law-abiding citizens. These brave people have proven, yet again, why the Second Amendment is so important. If we didn't have it, the bad guys wins. Hands down.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Glad to hear that the clerk is ok. Good job to the clerk for being prepared, and accurate. Not a decision anyone would make lightly, but if I had to choose between the clerk being alive, or the guy that chose to rob the store, I'm glad the clerk was able to defend himself and come out alive.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just can't believe how poor the writing is at The Star. Seriously, they can't find someone that understands proper spelling, grammar and punctuation?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The Star is quick to point out that this is the second fatal shooting by a store clerk this week. What they haven't mentioned is that had these store clerks not used their firearms, we'd likely have two dead, law-abiding citizens. These brave people have proven, yet again, why the Second Amendment is so important. If we didn't have it, the bad guys wins. Hands down.

Doesn't take much to assimilate the name of the paper (STAR) with a symbol that is commonly associated with Communism. That may explain their stance on the 2A a bit better.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I just can't believe how poor the writing is at The Star. Seriously, they can't find someone that understands proper spelling, grammar and punctuation?

It would appear that the only requisite education is to merely be a blogger on the Democratic Underground website.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Visit a university and avoid the business/math/science buildings and you'll quickly understand why it is so difficult to find very many people with a brain. I'm not saying all but I've got a class in the education building. I'm thinking private schools or home schooling is the only way to go.

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    I also personally know the clerk and his family. They are an amazing family. I have spent time on their indoor range, as I know the clerk has spent countless hours puttin lead down range. He prepared himself for the moment that we all hope never happens. He is a true Patriot and a great example of a law abiding citizen. Prayers for him and his family.

Top Bottom