• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I wish news reporters were gun people, and the cops would release weapons used. I always wonder what type of weapons who had...make, model, caliber, etc.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

:+1:for the good guys!!!! :cheers:

That waffle house and patrons should be buying that guy breakfast for life for saving their skins.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Surprisingly unbiased report from AP and reported by the Atlanta Urinal Constipation as many call it.

Head and body. I hope they are still connected.

In a similar circumstance, say 20' away, would you shoot slowly and aim each shot, or try to maintain your left/right while shooting quickly and allowing the recoil to elevate your shots to the head? I know it's hard/impossible to use your sights in a QuickDraw situation but maybe this guy had them sighted in already. I'm assuming a clear
    Backstop btw.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Too bad for the other robber, now one of his good friends is dead.

Lately I've been thinking about scenarios alot when sitting down somewhere. My biggest question in my head is; would I be able to have a clear shot if the perp was standing here or there? Making a mental note of where other customers are.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Too bad for the other robber, now one of his good friends is dead.

Lately I've been thinking about scenarios alot when sitting down somewhere. My biggest question in my head is; would I be able to have a clear shot if the perp was standing here or there? Making a mental note of where other customers are.

That's always the big question. I routinely put myself in spots, positions in line, seating, etc that would give me the best line of sight, and a backstop as clear as possible. Keeping in mind that walls make poor cover, unless it's an outside wall reinforced by concrete, brick, etc. You can't always achieve the best tactical position, and sometimes circumstances just suck, but by putting yourself in the best place at the best time can negate a whole lot of bad mojo. It'd be my luck, that the one time that I didn't do this, I'd end up needing to be in such a spot. Been doing this since my late teens. In my thirties now and it's a habit.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Surprisingly unbiased report from AP and reported by the Atlanta Urinal Constipation as many call it.

Head and body. I hope they are still connected.

In a similar circumstance, say 20' away, would you shoot slowly and aim each shot, or try to maintain your left/right while shooting quickly and allowing the recoil to elevate your shots to the head? I know it's hard/impossible to use your sights in a QuickDraw situation but maybe this guy had them sighted in already. I'm assuming a clear
    Backstop btw.

That would all depend on how one trains at a certain distance with a certain parameter. That's why training should be a broad scope of as many different situations you could face in any given day.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

I do that everywhere I go. It's an excellent idea to be aware of your surroundings in this way.

70worm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Pendleton
    Good for the customer! If this happened more often people would think twice about robbing a resterant full of people. This is why we buy gun permits.

Top Bottom