• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    After much anticipation from all of you, we have rewritten the classified rules. The other FAQ changes will come at a later time.

Once again, you will be "forced' to read the rules before you can continue into the classifieds. Lucky for you, I was vetoed on how many days in a row you'd have to read them.

The rules are still pretty much the same but we have elaborated on them a bit.

There will be NO leeway with the CLASSIFIEDS rules. You break them, you'll be infracted. Too many infractions may leave you with no access to the classifieds for a few days.

Changes will take effect immediately.

Here is a link to the new classifieds rules.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/36372-the_rules_of_the_ingo_classifieds_-_you_must_read_before_posting.html

The staff of INGO

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Because the biggest issue I have is not commenting on some ones add.

Some times things have to be pointed out, that will result in an infraction.

I have been banned from the clasifieds before. When it happened I was shaking like a broke crackhead.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Because the biggest issue I have is not commenting on some ones add.

Some times things have to be pointed out, that will result in an infraction.

I have been banned from the clasifieds before. When it happened I was shaking like a broke crackhead.

No one ever said you can't point them out. You just can't do it in the classifieds. Make a new thread in one of the other forums.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ist2_2381624_seal_of_approval.jpg

printcraft sees no issue with the new rules.
    Not much has changed.
    Hence the seal of approval.

:yesway:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Why? They're essentially the same rules as before, and most of them can be boiled down to "QUIT BUMPING YOUR THREAD EARLY!". I fail to see why they're so onerous. :scratch:

Well, when you even have moderators breaking the rules... :D
    (within the last couple of days even...)

I do have to sympathize with Indymonkey, a few times I have started to reply to a post only to see that it was in the classifieds section and not the rest of the board, oops. Once or twice it made it to the reply stage.

Regardless, I'm not criticizing the new release, I actually like the rules the way they are set up, it makes the classifeds very usable.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Well, I had to refrain from commenting on the listing, but since you brought it up, someone is selling a loaded SKS in the classifieds. Just thought I would rat him out.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/firearms/94704-sks_loaded.html

While I am at it, I think you should make a rule that says ANY ad that is listed must be accompanied by a genuine photo of the item for sale. Stock photos don't count, unless it is a rifle stock, or soup. No exceptions.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No one ever said you can't point them out. You just can't do it in the classifieds. Make a new thread in one of the other forums.

Or PM the OP. We ask that you keep it polite, of course, but that's not unusual or difficult, i.e. "Hey, I just wanted to let you know I saw that same gun at ______ brand new for $100 less last week. Didn't want to crap in your thread, but you might have better luck if you cut your price a little. Good luck on your sale."

Just a thought. :)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Or PM the OP. We ask that you keep it polite, of course, but that's not unusual or difficult, i.e. "Hey, I just wanted to let you know I saw that same gun at ______ brand new for $100 less last week. Didn't want to crap in your thread, but you might have better luck if you cut your price a little. Good luck on your sale."

Just a thought. :)

But then we would all miss out on a public "urinating" contest. :D

In all seriousness, this is a great idea BOR.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    another step to censorship.I got by fine without you,But i hate to see it get to that.If i was a part of the in crowd no problem.But since nobody here knows who i am or what i have it's your loss.Thanks for the short time on here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    another step to censorship.I got by fine without you,But i hate to see it get to that.If i was a part of the in crowd no problem.But since nobody here knows who i am or what i have it's your loss.Thanks for the short time on here.

3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

INGO is a private enterprise... not protected by the Constitution.

C-ya!

Top Bottom