• ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I can't believe this!

My girlfriend locked her keys in her car and called the non emergency police number. Two minutes later a Greenwood police officer showed up and assisted her in getting the door unlocked. +1 for Greenwood popo:ar15:

:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, why did she call the police and not a locksmith? I know lots of people who call the police for that and it would never have occurred to me to call them first, any more than I'd call the fire department to get my cat out of a tree.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just out of curiosity, why did she call the police and not a locksmith? I know lots of people who call the police for that and it would never have occurred to me to call them first, any more than I'd call the fire department to get my cat out of a tree.

Same here. I've waited a LONG time for someone to bring me a spare key before and even longer for AAA to call a locksmith when the police were just minutes away.:n00b:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

We used to get lock out calls all the time! we did them as a curtsy, a wrecker service will charge $50 bucks, We no longer do this service because of power locks. :D

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

You mean to tell me, your cat is still in that tree!?

Shame on you, Scutter.......... :cool:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We used to get lock out calls all the time! we did them as a curtsy, a wrecker service will charge $50 bucks, We no longer do this service because of power locks. :D

I understand that an officer will (sometimes) do it and also why they'll do it, I just don't get why people call them for it. The police have more important things to do than unlock my car, especially when there are people in the phone book who specialize in that sort of thing. Do people call them for a flat tire? What about if they run out of gas? I'm wondering what other trivial tasks they'll call them for. Take out the garbage, maybe? What about killing a spider in the bathtub? It just seems like a stupid thing to bother the police with.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I understand that an officer will (sometimes) do it and also why they'll do it, I just don't get why people call them for it. The police have more important things to do than unlock my car, especially when there are people in the phone book who specialize in that sort of thing. Do people call them for a flat tire? What about if they run out of gas? I'm wondering what other trivial tasks they'll call them for. Take out the garbage, maybe? What about killing a spider in the bathtub? It just seems like a stupid thing to bother the police with.

If I called Warrick County dispatch and a Newburgh PD officer came and helped me, it would be the highlight of their night and there's a good chance it would be the only real work they did that day...Not a whole lot goes on around here.

I certainly wouldn't waste a big-city officer's time though.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon

So you wouldn't call them for a spider in your bathtub? You're a brave man!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

I've actually had four bats lose in the house calls, I caught them and turned them lose outside! So yeah they do call the police for trivial things! I also had a Big foot call, guy said it was staring at him though the window! :laugh:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've actually had four bats lose in the house calls, I caught them and turned them lose outside! So yeah they do call the police for trivial things! I also had a Big foot call, guy said it was staring at him though the window! :laugh:

Haha, that's funny! Were they all single ladies or did you have some nancy-boys call?

At least you didn't use your sidearm to get rid of them like that jackwagon cop that [STRIKE]accidentally[/STRIKE] negligently killed a little kid trying to get ride of a snake.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If you call the police to help, and they open the car and happen to see some contraband. Whoops!

Of course we have nothing to hide, which is why we call a locksmith, and not put the poor officer in a dilemma... ;)

Top Bottom