What photo site do you use to upload pictures?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I used to use my free dropbox account. But now they are warning me all public sharing is going away in March. So most of my pictures I posted here are going to go away at that time. Sorry INGO admins. :dunno:

And based on the wording of the warning, Im not even sure that me upgrading to a pro account will make them stay visible to the world as-is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What has happened to PhotoBucket and Dropbox?

I think dropbox underestimated the storage needs of the average person. I think they figured we would hit the cap of the free account and subscribe for more storage. I took advantage of their referral program and doubled my free storage. Now they are sick of people like me freeloading but using their space and especially their bandwidth.

I just emailed them for clarification. I'll probably subscribe if they can promise me my account will continue to work as-is, but Im not sure that will happen. I get the feeling they are fundamentally changing the way they will handle shared documents. (no more public shares, only person to person sharing)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I still use PB, but my main beef is that it my photo library loads miserably slow, more than likely because they don't efficiently downscale the resolution of my photo collection thumbnails.
    Once I get to a specific linked photo, it works pretty well, though.
    Don't forget Flickr, although I've found that it's a bit clunky, even when compared to PB's slow loading.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I still use PB. But it's the app on my phone. I haven't updated the app since I installed it over 18 months ago. It's a little slow but I have no problems with it. On the rare chance I use my laptop, it sucks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I still use Photobucket but it has gotten really bad with all the ad pop-ups. Seems like once I get past the initial barrage of pop-ups it's okay, but just a little irritating getting through that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've been using TinyPic for a while now. It's not phone friendly for me BUT I'm darn near illiterate with all the changing softwares coming out hourly.
    TP has more than it's share of ads as well but it is simple.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I use PB with no issue. The iPhone app runs flawlessly, and I've had no problems with the site either. I do have a premium account which runs about $3 per month and gets me more storage and ad-free use.

Top Bottom