• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, so they had a shotgun, a rifle, ammo, and a hunting knife. Iowa requires no permit to OC, according to opencarry dot org, unless one is in a vehicle or within city limits. (this applies to handguns, as best I can tell) I don't know their law on long guns, but the comment about no permit being in evidence is specious. Further, these guys had the weapons in the car, and are reported to have made threats. I could be mistaken, but right now, pending further evidence, I think it's time to throw the :bs: flag... There is not yet any evidence reported that these guys actually made threats or intended harm. Additionally unreported is if the guns in the car were locked and unloaded in compliance with FOPA (which does not address the fact that they were not legal for them to possess at destination)

With these possibilities, I have to consider that the worst thing these guys did was to not know all the provisions of FOPA to cover their posteriors, and MA is looking to make examples of them as a result.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    You cannot posees ammo or a firearm in MA without an FID card. You can't carry without a class A. You can never carry a loaded long gun on public unless hunting. No reciprocity but you can get an out of state licensce. The penalty starts at 18 months.......

Weird story. I missed it until this thread. Busy work week.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You cannot posees ammo or a firearm in MA without an FID card. You can't carry without a class A. You can never carry a loaded long gun on public unless hunting. No reciprocity but you can get an out of state licensce. The penalty starts at 18 months.......

Weird story. I missed it until this thread. Busy work week.
    Is Massachusetts in the United States?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

It used to be. Technically speaking, that's where it all started, with Battle Road, between Concord and Boston (with Lexington in between.)

The men on Lexington Green were led by Capt. John Parker. A few years ago, his musket hung on the wall of the state legislature, at once an homage to the man and what he did, and a testament to how far they had fallen from those ideals he held dear.

By law, it had to have a trigger lock on it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Sort of. We're not NY or CT.

It used to be. Technically speaking, that's where it all started, with Battle Road, between Concord and Boston (with Lexington in between.)

The men on Lexington Green were led by Capt. John Parker. A few years ago, his musket hung on the wall of the state legislature, at once an homage to the man and what he did, and a testament to how far they had fallen from those ideals he held dear.

By law, it had to have a trigger lock on it.

True ^^^^ Sadly. There is a bumper sticker out here I have seena handful of times: "Massachusetts: Where Freedom Was Born; and Died"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, so they had a shotgun, a rifle, ammo, and a hunting knife. Iowa requires no permit to OC, according to opencarry dot org, unless one is in a vehicle or within city limits. (this applies to handguns, as best I can tell) I don't know their law on long guns, but the comment about no permit being in evidence is specious. Further, these guys had the weapons in the car, and are reported to have made threats. I could be mistaken, but right now, pending further evidence, I think it's time to throw the :bs: flag... There is not yet any evidence reported that these guys actually made threats or intended harm. Additionally unreported is if the guns in the car were locked and unloaded in compliance with FOPA (which does not address the fact that they were not legal for them to possess at destination)

With these possibilities, I have to consider that the worst thing these guys did was to not know all the provisions of FOPA to cover their posteriors, and MA is looking to make examples of them as a result.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

I'd like to see some more details on these "potential killers." Also the actual threats that were made.

Top Bottom