Think flights will come to Indy tomorrow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    About to miss a flight home from Philly. Storm is pending. Thinking of renting a car and Driving home tonight. Any thoughts on what flights might be like into Indy tomorrow with the storm?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Assuming the storm follows the predictions, it will span Indy through Philly and into NYC. If it is as intense as predicted you can figure most flights in and out will be severely delayed if cancelled.

If you are in Philly now, and started driving now, you would probably run into the storm about halfway home and risk a very dangerous drive.

Hard decision, but my 2 cents is to wait and see what the airline does. Every now and then they can sneak one in or out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Gate agent cursed at us when we asked for our new tickets back since we were hitting rental car and tired of waiting. Nice. Brotherly love :dunno:

Deputy Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    If I had my druthers, I'd get a room in a motel, and wait out the storm. Better to be in a nice warm bed, than stranded in middle of Ohio in a blizzard, and no where to go. I've had too many of those nights, when driving an 18 wheeler coast to coast. Sat one time for a week in middle of Iowa, roads covered with ice and wind blowing 90 mph.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well, just got a ticket. He wrote me for "failure to obey a traffic sign" rather than speeding

0152- Runways are still clear!

I get he was probably trying to "cut you a break", but if it weren't out of state and too much of a hassle to deal with, the incorrect offense would be grounds for dismissal.

Edit: Unless of course, you DID fail to obey a traffic sign also.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We're in wheeling. The ticket slowed me down 10mph :(

wife's turn to drive so I can sleep a bit and take over before the snow hits. Us air claimed they will cover the rental car. We'll see. Keeping meal receipts too.

Top Bottom