• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangerRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Fountain County
    I have had a Dakota Alert (model 3000) for years with no problems, other than when the neighbors dog thought the sensor was a chew toy I put on the tree, after buying a whole new setup ( because the new one would'nt work with my old indoor reciever) It worked for awhile and after our year of two hail storms and I had new sideing and a metal roof put on. Now it's hit and miss, seldom works when passing it, or will go off for no reason. I called the company, they said the metal roof should not make a diff. and think I need to send it in for testing/repair( at my cost).They are not cheap, this one about $200.So is it better to look for a different brand? I prefer wireless also. what brands do any ingo people have that they like?

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    kitmilton.jpg

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I've been happy with my Mighty Mule driveway alarm. Basically a wireless noisemaker that beeps the receiver inside the house, but about 1/3rd of what you spent. Available numerous places, including Home Depot.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have a really good wireless at work, but can't remember the name or where I got it, when I get to work on Mon, I will post. The sender is about 300' from the office, and the receiver is inside of a concrete block building with a concrete roof. The receiver will work with I think? 4 sending units using different alarm tones for each one.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    unfortunately yes, people and animals will set this one off if you have the sensitivity set to high, but it is easy to hide, so you could set it up closer to the drive and just set the sensitivity a little lower.

RangerRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Fountain County
    thank's for the info. I'm gonna check out the mighty mule and the other one. I didn,t want to go with the hose type because of being easy to see.Still really like the dakota setup but just don't seem to allways work after the metal roof was installed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pick up 2 or 3 of these. much cheaper and they get the job done. A buddy of mine has one that he painted camo to hang on a tree. Works great. No need to spend several hundred dollars.

Wireless Driveway Alert & Driveway Alarm System
    We had one of those and it was too sensitive. A leaf blowing off a tree in front of the sensor would set it off. In order to get it to be of any use at all (no false alarms) we had to position it about 6" from our front door... facing the house.

RangerRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Fountain County
    Just to update, I got the di2000 it seems to work great with the metal roof. it's even further out that the other one was. The sales guy said if by some chance it didnt he'd be glad to take it back plus he was great to work with thumbs up.

Top Bottom