• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :delivery:I ordered a Super Tuck Deluxe on 02/12/13 and it arrived in the mail today, 4/18/13. It is for my Sig P220R, my EDC throughout the winter. I didn't have an IWB for the Sig, and knowing warm weather was approaching and not wanting to carry in a pancake holster while off duty I decided to try something new.

Typically I just get a single clip tuckable IWB from High Noon Holsters, but the Crossbreed gets spoken of so highly and with the P220 being a larger handgun I thought I'd try and see how having the clips offset from the pistol worked out.

I did *not* order the combat cut. After two draws, I did a bit of holster-ectomy myself and did a quasi-combat cut. Its not as dramatic as the factory cut, about 2/3 as deep probably. I still have no pistol to skin contact, but it does let me get a good grip on the draw and not have to shift around before firing.

I'm hoping the leather backing softens up a bit. Right now it feels bulky. Its also not real easy to put on as its so stiff. You really notice it while moving to sit or stand.

It does conceal well, though, even under just a t-shirt.

I'll give it a month or so and then do a full review, but so far I think its going to be a reasonable choice for the money.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I bought a used crossbreed for my Glock 19 from an INGO member a few months ago and it is wonderful. The horsehide is soft and mostly broken in already. The combat cut is a must wether you do it yourself or buy it that way.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    I have a Crossbreed Mini Tuck for my EDC and it's been great for the close to two years that I've had it. Mine is horse hide instead of leather, and I remember it being stiff when I first got it. It became more pliable over time, so just wear it around the house for a while and break that sucker in!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've had mine for about three months now and it is well broken in. The only issue I had with it was that the leather would jut up against the magazine release and make the magazine loose.

If you have that problem, find out where the release sits and wet it down with water on the back of the holster on that exact spot. Then rub the front of the leather until a recess about the size of a quarter forms. That will prevent the holster from putting too much pressure on the release and you won't have the problem anymore.

D ron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Evansville
    Have had my crossbreed for 4 years and it is well broken in now. I set it on the kydex side so it will keep its shape when I'm not wearing it.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you like the Crossbreed, I think you'll love the White Hat. Same type of holster, same high quality, same cost, same back log but has interchageable/replaceable Kydex; one leather backing, but changeable Kydex for just about any sidearm.

Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

I have both and I love them both, but I'll buy a White Hat from now on.

Last edited:

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    If you like the Crossbreed, I think you'll love the White Hat. Same type of holster, same high quality, same cost, same back log but has interchageable/replaceable Kydex; one leather backing, but changeable Kydex for just about any sidearm.

Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

I have both and I love them both, but I'll buy a White Hat from now on.

I have been looking for another holster besides the Minotaur that has the interchangeable kydex, thanks!

EvilleT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Evansville
    I just received my supertuck deluxe for my sig p220 compact last week. I wasnt sure if I was gonna like it after I first wore it, but as the week went on it started breaking in and is now my favorite holster. Conceals great and comfortable.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    The Crossbreed is a great holster. I have one for my Glock 19 and my wife has one for her G26. Takes a couple weeks to form to your shape, but after that they are fantastic.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Can you please get us a photo of your cut?

Sorry for the delay, here's the pics:

048_zpsd3e96b1d.jpg

047_zpsb83d9e45.jpg

046_zps21b0e485.jpg

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    For anybody that is thinking of ordering a supertuck, you should really go with the combat cut.

Crossbreed's customer service is excellent as well. I had a non combat cut supertuck for my TRP. My front sight tore the crap out of the kydex and I decided that I wanted a combat cut. I sent it back to them, asked for fixes to both, and told them to send me a bill.

Got a brand new holster one week later with a combat cut and a modified sight track at no charge. They're awesome.

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I've had my super tuck deluxe for my g19 for about 4 years now and I absolutely love it. It was a little stiff at first but its incredibly broken in now and the leather has become quite pliable (to the point I can't tell I'm even wearing it). I'm sure you will love it once it is broken in!

Top Bottom