• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yes its real nice, Butt $1000.00 bucks!! that's out side the everyday working guys range! Hopefully they can get the pice down. :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So it will have a pricepoint around that of the M4 ($700?), it lacks the 8-year battery life, and its even heavier?

I do like the smaller dot though.

IMO the "bigger FOV" argument is moot, as shooting with both eyes open (like you should be with any RDS) completely eliminates the "tube feel" anyway.

They are obviously going after the .mil contracts with its competition to the M4, but for stateside use? No thanks. Give me the $500 lightweight Aimpoint Micro with its 5-year battery life any day of the week.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Sounds interesting enough, but it will really depend on the price.

I would expect to start seeing a lot more solar in the near-ish future.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I can say this i really like that optic a lot after working it for a while now im very happy with it its fast its accurate and durable.... one thing it does is it balances the gun very well something often overlooked

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So it will have a pricepoint around that of the M4 ($700?), it lacks the 8-year battery life, and its even heavier?

I do like the smaller dot though.

IMO the "bigger FOV" argument is moot, as shooting with both eyes open (like you should be with any RDS) completely eliminates the "tube feel" anyway.

They are obviously going after the .mil contracts with its competition to the M4, but for stateside use? No thanks. Give me the $500 lightweight Aimpoint Micro with its 5-year battery life any day of the week.

I agree all the way around. With the battery life of my T-1, I see no advantage to this new offering.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very interesting....
    With the pace of technological advancements it won't be long until we see an auto ranging, self compensating red-dot with auto zoom...
    Just saying...

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I really like the fact that it has a quick detach mount on it already. The mounts are the only thing that have kept me from buying an Aimpoint Micro. I just feel that if I spend $500-600 something on a red dot, why should I have to pay another $100-something for a mount.

Like the video said, 3 years or 5 years of battery life, either way is a long time. Chances are if you actually need that much time it will be in a post-apocolyptic scenario, and in that case at AA's would be eaasier to find than whatever it is Aimpoint uses.

Im glad I waited, if the price is reasonable (unlike ACOG), I will definitely be looking at it. I see this thread is old, is it out yet?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Ya, nevermind. I didnt see this was an older thread until I already hit the post reply button.

Is it really necessary for people charge so much for their sights? The optic alone would cost almost as much as my SBR. I think I'd rather just shoot irons and buy another gun than pay that much for a red dot.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I really like the fact that it has a quick detach mount on it already. The mounts are the only thing that have kept me from buying an Aimpoint Micro. I just feel that if I spend $500-600 something on a red dot, why should I have to pay another $100-something for a mount.

Aimpoint makes their own mount. The PRO comes with one. The problem is that other companies make much better mounts. So I'm actually glad that I get to choose which mount I use. I'd rather that than have to pay for a mount I'm not going to use.

Like the video said, 3 years or 5 years of battery life, either way is a long time. Chances are if you actually need that much time it will be in a post-apocolyptic scenario, and in that case at AA's would be eaasier to find than whatever it is Aimpoint uses.

Part of the "battery life" argument is about practicality. But is there much difference between 3 and 5 years? Especially when I change them every year anyway? No, but other optics can't even get over the year hump.

Im glad I waited, if the price is reasonable (unlike ACOG), I will definitely be looking at it. I see this thread is old, is it out yet?

This thread is old, but the video is new. He mentioned in the video that they'd be released soon. Last I heard, price was gonna be closer to the $700 range.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is it really necessary for people charge so much for their sights? The optic alone would cost almost as much as my SBR. I think I'd rather just shoot irons and buy another gun than pay that much for a red dot.

Me personally, I'd rather have one rifle that was very effective versus two that were less. I can only shoot one rifle at a time anyway.

Top Bottom