• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Does anybody know where to find a decent gun belt for cheap?

I'm looking for a gun belt to support the weight of my SA XD-9 Subcompact. I've done some browsing online, but I can only seem to find expensive ($60+) belts from small leather-working shops. I understand you often get what you pay for, but I'm also working on a college student's budget. I also like to wear belt buckles but none of the belts I've seen are capable of being worn with interchangeable buckles.

Any help finding a cheap, double-thick gun belt that will let me change out the buckle?

k4vy10.jpg

Thanks!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Does anybody know where to find a decent gun belt for cheap?

I'm looking for a gun belt to support the weight of my SA XD-9 Subcompact. I've done some browsing online, but I can only seem to find expensive ($60+) belts from small leather-working shops. I understand you often get what you pay for, but I'm also working on a college student's budget. I also like to wear belt buckles but none of the belts I've seen are capable of being worn with interchangeable buckles.

Any help finding a cheap, double-thick gun belt that will let me change out the buckle?

k4vy10.jpg

Thanks!

Go to the next 1500, look for the sign that says "Bull-Hide Belts". 1/4" thick single piece leather belts, Chicago screws to swap buckles, $40 or $45 depending on the length.

I can't seem to find one of his cards for the website, but they're cheaper at the 1500 that buying them from him online.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bull Belts, like he said, except they're 35 dollars, or were at last 1500. Wearing one right now, money in the bank.

Buckle changes out with just undoing 2 chicago screws.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Come on, am I the only one who looked at this pictured and instantly thought I should post a funny comment about it??? I mean come on, since when do cowboys wear tie-dye button up shirts? Is this a scene from that Brokeback Mountain movie? ....that I never saw of course:shady: alright I'll stop

I didn't even notice the shirt. First thing I thoght was, "Ok, dinner plate. Bet it ain't bullet proof" Second thing I thought was "Moose knuckle."

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    5.11 Tactical Series Leather Belt

I got one, 1.5 inch high, 1/4 inch thick, great stitching for strength, and a 2mm thick polymer insert the length of the belt so it keeps its shape. best belt i have ever had, and you can find them for 10 bucks on ebay

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tractor Supply

Belive it or not you can find A nice heavy duty leather belt a Tractor Supply. I had been looking for a good belt myself to support my 1911. Was in TSC looking for work boots, and they had a rack of belts that were nice and thick and heavy duty at very reasonable price. I bought two one was a plane jane, the other had some nice tooling on it. Both suppot my carry guns well, but I need a better holster for for my 1911, it still flops around to much in that cheap nylon holster I bought. OK for walking around at Friday Night Steel, but sucks to carry for protection!

guns983

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    you can also try the liberty bell flea market (next to POP GUNS), its a little trashy now but there is a leather guy in there and he sells leather at a reasonable price.

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    I have used many economical belts but they never lasted long and did not give very good support.

After much hemming and hawing, I broke down and spent beyond the budget and bought a ranger belt by ares gear. It's made of scuba webbing and I can't imagine needing to replace it. It took a long time to receive it, but it was worth it

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm actually using a belt that I picked up at Goodwill right now, and I have no complaints. I forget what brand it was, although I feel like it was one of those "skater" brands, like DC or something. Regardless, its just a dark brown leather belt with a basket-weave pattern on it. About inch and a half across, decently thick, and really rigid. I wear it to work sometimes too, in the office, and it doesn't really stick out. If you're looking for budget belts, go to Walmart and just pick through what they have; generally, the wider and more rigid the better.

Top Bottom