• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Question about holsters. I've used quite a few different kinds, but I still haven't found a good belt or paddle holster that really holds the gun close to the body. It might be due to the fact that the last gun I had had a 3.5in barrel, and was therefore handle heavy. There was one kind that worked for me, and it was my brothers. I don't know what its called, what the brand was, or where he got it! Not helpful, I know. What are some suggestions. I'll be carrying a Glock 23. I have a great IWB holster, so thats not an issue.:draw:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The Raven holster is the only one that has worked for me. It keeps the gun pulled into my body and allows for a quick draw. I also have a very good belt.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would look at Blade Tech. I have one for my FNP 9. Holds the gun tightly to the body. Plus the entire slide is coverd. I went with the shooters pack. Which is belt holster paddle attachment and double mag pouch. They are hand made. It took me three weeks to get mine.

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I just looked at Bladetech. They look like amazing holsters. Just not sure if i'm willing to drop that much down right now. Kinda tight budget right now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Forget about a paddle holster if you are looking for a belt holster that draws the gun close. Try a pancake style holster or a JIT slide. Don Hume makes a decent holster for the money. There are others out there. I personally lie something that rides high so I can cover it with an untucked shirt.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Forget about a paddle holster if you are looking for a belt holster that draws the gun close. Try a pancake style holster or a JIT slide. Don Hume makes a decent holster for the money. There are others out there. I personally lie something that rides high so I can cover it with an untucked shirt.

I really like the JIT, but I've never thought it held the gun particularly close to the body. I do like their 721 OT, though. Don Hume makes good stuff.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I really like the JIT, but I've never thought it held the gun particularly close to the body. I do like their 721 OT, though. Don Hume makes good stuff.

Agreed the pancake style like the 721 or double nine will allow the belt to pull the gun in closer and distribute the weight. The advantage of the JIT is that the holster is almost unoticable without a gun in it and very light. Very easy to take on and off the belt. The JIT would not be a a good choice for a larger gun. I also don't like how the gun draws out of it. I may end up getting a double nine or similar pancake holster for my 23 (if something pops up in the classifieds), but right now the Comp-Tac IWB and JIT on the belt are working just fine for me.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I would agree with vert on this. I can't recall a paddle holster that has held my gun close. On the other hand I've had belt holster more in the pancake style that did. I am on the market for another holster or two myself and am very seriously considering Garrett Industries at Index

They seem to have a very good line of IWB and OWB holster.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would agree with vert on this. I can't recall a paddle holster that has held my gun close. On the other hand I've had belt holster more in the pancake style that did. I am on the market for another holster or two myself and am very seriously considering Garrett Industries at Index

They seem to have a very good line of IWB and OWB holster.

The Blade Tech does hold tight to the body. I have both the paddle and belt attachments. I use the paddle day to day because it's easier to take off.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just looked at Bladetech. They look like amazing holsters. Just not sure if i'm willing to drop that much down right now. Kinda tight budget right now.

I know where you are coming from. I thought that at first. I ordered a Fobus first. Well, in my opinion it was complete junk. I just grabed some vaseline and told Blade Tech to hammer down. It was well worth the money. A good holster is just as important as the gun you carry.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Closest-hugging holster I've ever had is a Raven.

xarpg1.jpg

ra40vm.jpg

Top Bottom