OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I am over the shock of your wacky laundry schedule... I really am... okay, no I'm not.
    The schedule around seems to be, if there's a machine sitting idle, it won't be for long.

I have no idea how two kids can make so much laundry, but at least they do their own now.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. I'll take it!

Lpherr

Occupied
    But, nobody sees it? :):

I'll bet that took a while to get it the way you wanted it.
    That was my thinking. If I screwed it up, no one would know.

It took some time, because I didn't have a buff machine. I used an old grinder and had to switch the wheels for each step.
    It required some attention because there was little clearance with no shaft.

I soon learned about catches while doing a TPI cover and it grabbed it, bounced it off the floor and stuck it half way through the exterior wall. That part wasn't usable after that 2 second mistake.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    That was my thinking. If I screwed it up, no one would know.

It took some time, because I didn't have a buff machine. I used an old grinder and had to switch the wheels for each step.
    It required some attention because there was little clearance with no shaft.

I soon learned about catches while doing a TPI cover and it grabbed it, bounced it off the floor and stuck it half way through the exterior wall. That part wasn't usable after that 2 second mistake.
    I kind of want to laugh, but I know how having something hard to replace ripped out of your hands and mangled just from a tiny edge too proudly offered can be.

Started young in my dad's shop where he worked on musical instruments. Mostly brass at that point of my buffing lessons.

Felt like a king when I graduated to silver plated flutes and double reeds. More finesse required for plated parts.
    It was all saxophones and big brass horns up to then.

Then one day my "partner" flipping cars discovered my talent and spent money (stupidly) getting some buffing equipment.

He's the one who got us into those ridiculous speed boats.
    It was fun.
    I was a grown teen holding down three jobs. One was my dad, but the other two were my own doing.

Last edited:

Lpherr

Occupied
    I kind of want to laugh, but I know how having something hard to replace ripped out of your hands and mangled just from a tiny edge too proudly offered can be.

Started young in my dad's shop where he worked on musical instruments. Mostly brass at that point of my buffing lessons.

Felt like a king when I graduated to silver plated flutes and double reeds.
    It was all saxophones and big brass horns up to then.

Then one day my "partner" flipping cars discovered my talent and spent money (stupidly) getting some buffing equipment.

He's the one who got us into those riduculous speed boats.
    It was fun.
    I was a grown teen holding down three jobs. One was my dad, but the other two were my own doing.
    I've never done the horns, just the mouthpieces.
    I've seen guys turn a trombone into a ball of brass with lack of attention. It happens so fast, you just don't have time to react.
    The quickest way to become a victim, is to contact above the centerline.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've never done the horns, just the mouthpieces.
    I've seen guys turn a trombone into a ball of brass with lack of attention. It happens so fast, you just don't have time to react.
    The quickest way to become a victim, is to contact above the centerline.
    I still keep my hand in some, but only have a small buffer now.

I do buy a lot of discs and sometimes I'll grab a good one, but with scrathes.

I keep a flannel wheel I've never used anything on but water as a compound that I use just for taking care of CDs and DVDs I find cheap.

Buffing plastic can get out of hand quickly, too, as you've probably discovered revamping mouthpieces.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom