• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Just curious how you all travel in Indiana with NFA items. I know you don't have to have paperwork for suppressors but was wondering how all you guys travel with SBR's? From my understanding, you are required to have copies of NFA paperwork for each SBR. I keep copies in my glove box for each SBR I own and in my gun case.
    What do you all do for NFA items such as SBR's, AOW's, and Full Yeet Yeet's?

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    My NFA items were filed electronically, thus I have a digital copy of such saved on a locked file in my phone. If the event ever arises where I was required to provide proof on the spot, I can pull my form 4 up, enable guided access, and allow said appropriate authority figure view my personal tax form.
    I have paper duplicates in a safe deposit box, my safe, and digitally copies on a hard drive and laptop kept in a safe.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since I am waiting on my first one, is this something that anyone ever actually gets checked for?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I had an uninformed Maryland State Trooper ask me for my papers long ago.
    The second much older Trooper, that pulled up asked me if my paperwork was in order, I said yes sir. He apologized for the delay and wished me a good day.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Also, no one can require to see your form 4 unless they’re ATF or Dept of the Treasury. LEs are generally curious, so let them run the serials if they need to, then offer them a mag or two. That always greases the wheels.

I don’t mind showing my papers but no one has ever asked.

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    It is lame that any range would demand to see paperwork for NFA stuff but I also find it a bit funny that people will go to the trouble of filling out forms, submit fingerprints, go through background check, then refuse to show them at a range. I suspect most that ask to see them wouldn't even know what they're looking at, just being shown any document would probably be sufficient.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It is lame that any range would demand to see paperwork for NFA stuff but I also find it a bit funny that people will go to the trouble of filling out forms, submit fingerprints, go through background check, then refuse to show them at a range. I suspect most that ask to see them wouldn't even know what they're looking at, just being shown any document would probably be sufficient.
    Can I reach over and start to finger a firearm much less a MG that you own without your consent?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Just show them your Starbucks card. 50-50 they won't know the difference.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    As far as being asked to see paperwork, it’s never happened to me. I have been asked by variou ‘people’ if they are legal, to whic I reply yes and that usually ends it. I got to a shoot/ get together in MO every fall and one year, they local sherif’s dept got called to the location. I took my folder of paperwork including my F4’s and 5320.20’s to them and they had zero interest in seeing any of it. I of course let them fire a mag through the Sterling and part of a belt through the vickers and several people got them on video, so no issues in the following years!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    As far as being asked to see paperwork, it’s never happened to me. I have been asked by variou ‘people’ if they are legal, to whic I reply yes and that usually ends it. I got to a shoot/ get together in MO every fall and one year, they local sherif’s dept got called to the location. I took my folder of paperwork including my F4’s and 5320.20’s to them and they had zero interest in seeing any of it. I of course let them fire a mag through the Sterling and part of a belt through the vickers and several people got them on video, so no issues in the following years!
    I can remember a time or 2 we headed down to Martinsville together with the truck loaded down. As I recall are conversation was to keep it at the speed limit, cause we didn't want to spend hours on the side of the road while they ran serial numbers.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Because #1, it's none of their business. #2, do you think they're running a NICS check on every mouth breather that comes in and rents a gun for the range? The double standard is sickening.

Top Bottom