• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here's the story:
    My buddy was buying a new car and giving his old one to his wife. I was buying the wife's mini van, since their last kid is off to college. I was paying him fair market value for the van, not dealer trade in value. We ran the deal through the dealership so that he could save $1000 in taxes on his new car (which we split because it was my idea). I am paying cash for the van, so no loan. Long story, short, when i get to the finance office to pay for the van, I have to complete a Patriot Act questionnaire and answer online challenge questions about my past to prove my identity! Also, my wife couldn't be put on the title, because she couldn't personally be there at the time we did the deal. She would have had to give an ID and gone through the questionnaire process also to be put on the title.

What is going on in this country. I can't even buy a car without being checked out by the government. And they were asking questions about my address from 25 yrs ago when I lived at home?!? We have got talk to our legislators to let the patriot act expire. Why should the federal government be involved in a non-interstate commerce transaction? Ok /rantoff.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you're wanting the USA PATRIOT Act to expire then you'd better stop voting for dems and republicrats. They're all in love with it. Especially the Indiana crew.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Your lucky, they didn't call the police... and tell them this smelled fishy that you have cash.. Because no one has cash anymore... They might have tried to take it claiming some sort of Civil Forfeiture because it was probably drug money, due to them being able to find some microscopic amounts of drugs on the money.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You should write a letter to your representative. I heard they read them all and take them into account when they vote.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You should write a letter to your representative. I heard they read them all and take them into account when they vote.
    Did you run out of purple?

Incidnetally, I have been blocked from Lugar's e-mai for several years. After he had voted in favor of more amnesty for illegalsw, I sent a simple question that someone apparently didn't appreciate: "Como se dice 'f**k you' en espanol?"

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Did you run out of purple?

Incidnetally, I have been blocked from Lugar's e-mai for several years. After he had voted in favor of more amnesty for illegalsw, I sent a simple question that someone apparently didn't appreciate: "Como se dice 'f**k you' en espanol?"

Chinga tu maldre should get the job done.. but it means f ur mother. Loosely translated.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Come on Kirk! According to Wickard v. Filburn all he has to do is displace the potential sale of an automobile which may potentially come from another state! :):

I had hoped that in Lopez, Boerne, Kimel, Garrett, and Morrison, that clearer judicial heads would have entirely reversed Wickard.

So much for state sovereignty, and the limitations upon the federal government.

Top Bottom