• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I saw this on the book of faces. It got my interest. I don't have children in my home anymore but if I did this might be a decent option.

ZORE gun lock ZØRE

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That thing is $97 and I don't see how it offers more protection than a regular cable lock that usually comes free with the gun

7226338_f260.jpg

For that price you can get a good gun safe that will actually protect the gun from theft, not just keep kids from playing with it.
    I just don't see the point of that fancy electronic lock thingy ...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I kind of agree. my lockbox does just as well as is (for more cheaperer). The advantage to me being, it's out of sight. There's no telling what is in the box from an outsider's point of view, and more work to remove it.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I think it's a great idea, but a little expensive for what it does. For $100 you can get a nice lockbox as mentioned. Maybe drop the Bluetooth and make it a little cheaper?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That thing is $97 and I don't see how it offers more protection than a regular cable lock that usually comes free with the gun

7226338_f260.jpg

For that price you can get a good gun safe that will actually protect the gun from theft, not just keep kids from playing with it.
    I just don't see the point of that fancy electronic lock thingy ...

You can not access your gun wearing that lock as fast as you can with a ZORE.
    Look this option is not for everyone. But if you want to have your gun readily available while keeping it safe mainly from your children accidentally discharging it then this might be a good option.

A "Good" desktop type gun safe is going to cost more than $97. I have one and its not the best it cost $137. But that is a better option for me.
    This could work for some people. Different people, different situations, different approaches.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I think it's a great idea, but a little expensive for what it does. For $100 you can get a nice lockbox as mentioned. Maybe drop the Bluetooth and make it a little cheaper?

Yes a good idea. I like the fact that its a combination lock. But I think the "app" approach might be unreliable and not worth the added cost.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    You can not access your gun wearing that lock as fast as you can with a ZORE.
    Look this option is not for everyone. But if you want to have your gun readily available while keeping it safe mainly from your children accidentally discharging it then this might be a good option.

A "Good" desktop type gun safe is going to cost more than $97. I have one and its not the best it cost $137. But that is a better option for me.
    This could work for some people. Different people, different situations, different approaches.

Indeed. I can see where in some mobile situations, this could be ideal.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Im impressed. I have young children at my house. I have taught them the rules. But they have friends and I can not always teach them the same. I like it I might get one. I don't have a smart phone though but my wife does so maybe she can use that part. I like it a lot.

SLIM86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The appeal is How quickly you can access the fire arm and chamber a round while safely storing the firearm. This would be for your nightstand gun not every gun you store

Top Bottom