• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`ve been looking on the Tikka website, and they actually have several rifles in stock. I have been kicking around the idea of maybe getting one, but, at checkout, you must pay with Zelle...I`m very uncomfortable with that. I`ve never used Zelle, could probably figure out how to use it, but, does anyone here do business with anyone online that only offers Zelle as a payment option?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I've used Zelle via Chase Quickpay. Worked well the few times I've used it. I'd be shocked if their terms allow the purchase of arms.

Are you sure it's the official Tikka site?

When I look at the Tikka site for the US (https://www.tikka.fi/en-us/rifles), the only purchase option I see is for accessories, which directs me to Beretta's website.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Zelle is a creation of the big banks to keep the cash in their system rather than Pay Pal or Venmo. I prefer it to the others. When a buyer pays me I get a text from MY bank the money is in MY bank account. Not a PP account. You set it up in your online banking not third party sites. Seems safer to me…

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    100% chance of scam. Lots of sites are popping up, usually with hard to find firearms, and only some form of e-payment such as zelle, paypal, etc. is accepted.
    That`s what I was afraid of. That was a huge red flag for me. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    100% chance of scam. Lots of sites are popping up, usually with hard to find firearms, and only some form of e-payment such as zelle, paypal, etc. is accepted.
    I agree w/ this assessment. Doing a whois lookup on tikkafirearms.com, it is registered by dynadot.com, which also hosts web pages. The the actual site owner information points to Super Privacy Service LTD, which is a company in London that apparently employs 4 people.
    Performing a search on dynadot reviews, even though there are some positive reviews, there are a lot of people complaining about scam like behavior by them. Finally looking at the tikkafirearms.com site itself, I can find NO information on where they are located, and I noticed that they claim to ship outside the US, even for firearms. Every other site I've seen indicates US sales only due to USGov export restrictions. I certainly wouldn't trust them with a non-refundable $$ transfer method.
    --Rick

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely a scam. No legitimate business uses Zelle exclusively, and most don't use it at all. Zelle is like PayPal but with less recourse. If you are not sending money to someone you personally know or someone you are standing in front of, you are being scammed without question.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Zelle is a creation of the big banks to keep the cash in their system rather than Pay Pal or Venmo. I prefer it to the others. When a buyer pays me I get a text from MY bank the money is in MY bank account. Not a PP account. You set it up in your online banking not third party sites. Seems safer to me…
    Agree 100%

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. Domain registered august of last year, and it expires this august. No legit company only registers their trademarked domain for 1 year.
    They may renew it year after year for easier accounting, but if they are truly in it for the long haul, the'll spend the extra $15/year to do a multi year.

Im, sure if you check that website at the end of august it will be gone.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve been seeing a LOT of posts on some of the guitar forums I frequent about scams and Zelle. I’ve actually never heard anyone speak positively about it until this thread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’ve been seeing a LOT of posts on some of the guitar forums I frequent about scams and Zelle. I’ve actually never heard anyone speak positively about it until this thread.
    As said upthread, its only worthly for sending cash to someone you know. Like after dinner and you forgot to have them split the tab. So your buddy pays the bill and you send him the $20 to cover your part because you arent carrying cash.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    As said upthread, its only worthly for sending cash to someone you know. Like after dinner and you forgot to have them split the tab. So your buddy pays the bill and you send him the $20 to cover your part because you arent carrying cash.
    I use Zelle to send money to my kids, nieces, and nephews for birthdays, Christmas, etc.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh, I don’t doubt that it has its uses and advantages, just that I’d never heard of it until recently, and everything I was hearing was negative.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tikka's actual site has a 'dot fi' country extension (Finland)

That site saying TikkaFirearms means it is likely a scam/fishing site. That coupled with using only Zelle, which transfers money anonymously with no protections for you the sender or recourse if you are scammed, and the fact they are offering 'rifles by mail' like they were J.C. Penney 70 years ago are huge red flags

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Absolutely a scam. No legitimate business uses Zelle exclusively, and most don't use it at all. Zelle is like PayPal but with less recourse. If you are not sending money to someone you personally know or someone you are standing in front of, you are being scammed without question.
    I have not used Zelle and I will not. This is exactly what I hear from other people. No recourse, only send to people you know if using Zelle.

Top Bottom