• ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Does it have the standard NPAP-style front trunnion receiver (that no one wants), or the bulged 1.5mm RPK-style front trunnion? The former also has a non-chrome lined barrel while the latter does.

Check the rivets before buying. This was a common issue/complaint/blemish with Zastava USA until very recently when the company announced it was taking greater steps to improve riveting QC. I bought mine secondhand and the original seller sent this one back for rivet work as well. Zastava USA has a great warranty, but it is not transferable. Also note that Yugo/Serbian AKs are not interchangeable with typical stamped eastern bloc AKs. The furniture design is proprietary so you can't easily swap it out with non-Yugo stocks or handguards. Further, the side rail on these is different and will require a Yugo-specific mount (RS Regulate 306 vs. 301 lower mount, etc.).

If it's the latter and the price is right, I'd go for it. It's a beauty:

jKcPezzh.jpg

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Much thanks for that! It's the newer version with bulged trunnion and chrome lined barrel. Black poly furniture. Putting a few rounds through it later this week before committing. I'll check the rivets closely.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Much thanks for that! It's the newer version with bulged trunnion and chrome lined barrel. Black poly furniture. Putting a few rounds through it later this week before committing. I'll check the rivets closely.

I handled and shot one of these recently. Was excellent.

Let us know how it goes. Also these were at first about 750-850 but now when they come up are between 850-1000.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    I handled and shot one of these recently. Was excellent.

Let us know how it goes. Also these were at first about 750-850 but now when they come up are between 850-1000.

After a quick once over cleaning, it ate all the old Tula and Wolf I threw at it. More than happy to get it at well below current retail prices. Seeing my son's huge smile while shooting it is a bonus.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    After a quick once over cleaning, it ate all the old Tula and Wolf I threw at it. More than happy to get it at well below current retail prices. Seeing my son's huge smile while shooting it is a bonus.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. And glad to hear it ran so well, though that's no surprise. You mentioned black polymer furniture earlier - is that the factory Zastava USA furniture with the funky modernized triangle stock and railed upper handguard? If so, what do you think of it?

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Awesome! Glad to hear it. And glad to hear it ran so well, though that's no surprise. You mentioned black polymer furniture earlier - is that the factory Zastava USA furniture with the funky modernized triangle stock and railed upper handguard? If so, what do you think of it?

Yes, factory Zastava furniture. Didn't really fit my eye. The Magpul Zhukov folding stock and MOE AK grip I threw on look much better.....to me. Still undecided on the railed upper hand guard.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Sounds like you got a good deal! AKs are getting difficult to come by these days.
    Were you looking to keep it stock or put some money into it?
    If you were going to spend a little, check out Krebs Customs. I went up to their office today for a couple parts and talked with Mark. Great guy and they know what they're doing with AKs.

Derbster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lawrenceburg
    I just picked mine up yesterday! There is one rivet that’s not smooth on top, but it’s not bad. Also the lower wood hand guard has a little chunk out of it towards the top that was stained over. It’s there but doesn’t really bother me. I haven’t shot it yet. It was between a m70 or a Arsenal and I chose the m70.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I just picked mine up yesterday! There is one rivet that’s not smooth on top, but it’s not bad. Also the lower wood hand guard has a little chunk out of it towards the top that was stained over. It’s there but doesn’t really bother me. I haven’t shot it yet. It was between a m70 or a Arsenal and I chose the m70.

FYI - Zastava USA has pretty solid and snappy customer service if you're unhappy with your gun, especially when it comes to their rivet work. I've read some reports from folks with connections to the company, that they've really ramped up/reinforced QC checks following a lot of questionable rivets in earlier releases.

I'm sure it's "Nyet! Rifle is fine." with your particular specimen, but if you have any doubts I'd reach out to Zastava and have them correct it for you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

It's fine. I shoot it all the way in and the comb adjustment down (with my Charlie Brown head there is no reason to worry about comb height).

Been around the platform for so long that I really do not care about stocks, just have to flow with it if it has one of those silly long American stocks until I can replace. Stocks are silly long anymore because of the market.

"I'm kinda a big man." "No, Cledus, you are just fat, not a big man at all."

I prefer fixed stock, short (the underfolders cut me bad), but that Zhukov from Magpul is cool as the comb is low enough for my round head.

Top Bottom