• ...and so much more!
  • El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Good luck to all of you taking a youth out this weekend. Wishing you a safe and successful hunt. This will be the last youth hunt for one of my grandsons, he turns 18 in a few months. Post up some pics of your hunt this weekend.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Good luck to all of you taking a youth out this weekend. Wishing you a safe and successful hunt. This will be the last youth hunt for one of my grandsons, he turns 18 in a few months. Post up some pics of your hunt this weekend.
    His last my daughters first the tradition will live on :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:
    goodluck everyone

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So youth only get two days to hunt. 1 weekend and hunters only get two weekends to put in stands / blinds on public. One of those weekends is on the single weekend of the youth hunt. I really wish they would change that either give youth a week to hunt…… or change when to put blinds and stands on public.

It’s my understanding youth season is around to give kids the best chance possible to harvest a deer to keep them interested and keep the traditions alive. Seems counter productive to have armies of squeaky deer carts hauling in stands during the same time….:twocents:

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    My son turned 18 on Tuesday and my 12 yr old daughter wants to hang out with us on youth weekend to get a squirrel!!!! Lol I honestly have two questions
    Can my son go and sit by himself or is he out because of age?
    The way I read it I need to get my 12 yr old daughter a license right?

Thanks for any help on clarifying!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My son turned 18 on Tuesday and my 12 yr old daughter wants to hang out with us on youth weekend to get a squirrel!!!! Lol I honestly have two questions
    Can my son go and sit by himself or is he out because of age?
    The way I read it I need to get my 12 yr old daughter a license right?

Thanks for any help on clarifying!
    Just wait for the free youth hunting weekend. If she just wants to get a single squirrel. Otherwise you’d have to get her an apprentice license.

Pretty sure 18 is a no go but I’m not a lawyer and you need a low degree to make sense of some of the regs

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I went out this morning with my oldest nephew and his buddy. Seen 10 , mostly doe and a button buck . My youngest nephew sat with his dad , they seen 11 , 9 doe and 2 button bucks. No shots this morning , hoping for horns. The same groupings went out tonight . My group seen one doe and the other guys connected on 9 point !

I was pleasantly surprised with number of deer we seen, considering the EHD in our area . Hoping to to get another one down tomorrow . 20220924_213456.jpg

Top Bottom