• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Let’s see your hang out spots INGO. I have seen pictures of a couple here and there and thought it would be cool to see more
    Here is mine work in progress.. added the old galvanized tin around the perimeter digging out around and adding flower and rock
    Wife hung lights today, ordered ceiling fan for it and more pics to follow 4F5B3345-D2D0-4F21-9F9D-83F476A7D818.jpeg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The grilling area...

fD6a9xSl.jpg

Because one the most important aspects of a happy marriage is square footage, the wife has her porch...

8ZMpmtql.jpg

And I have my deck...

c1zU0LBl.jpg

A little before and after shot...

OzyuhFRl.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Here's a before and after of our front porch. Some days I regret it, I never dreamed it would be as difficult as it is to tear myself off of this thing and actually get other work done around here. The past several weeks I've practically lived on this front porch.
    The struggle is real. :laugh:

My wife thought I was nuts to install two ceiling fans on her porch. But sitting out there yesterday, when the temp was 90°, in a light fan generated breeze, both of us enjoying a book, she finally said, these fans were a good idea.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

My wife thought I was nuts to install two ceiling fans on her porch. But sitting out there yesterday, when the temp was 90°, in a light fan generated breeze, both of us enjoying a book, she finally said, these fans were a good idea.
    Did you have to get some special fans? I have seen fans under porch roofs where the blades look like they melted and are just hanging down. I assume from being exposed to the temp and moisture extremes.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I'm just behind ya in that regard. I've mentioned it a few times and the idea was rejected, so far.;)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They also really cut down on bugs if your porch isn't screened. That was the biggest reason I put them up.
    That's true too, we also put up some tiki torches around the porch too which helps, mosquitos aren't bad around here but there's a lot of little annoying gnats flying around.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here is a partial shot of mine. It's 20' long so the round table and chairs are to the left out of the shot. It's covered again in green dust and I'm not cleaning it until it's finished coming off the trees. Hopefully by next weekend it should be done. Nothing fancy, mesh furniture came with the house and we are too cheap to replace it. I stripped it down a couple years ago, painted everything except the floor and installed a screen system.

We use it mostly in spring and fall. Summers gets too hot and winters too cold. It has been really nice this spring and we have probably gotten more use out of it this year than in most years.

Porch-.jpg

Top Bottom