• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Currently its restaurants and haircut places making me wait long enough that I give up and leave because they're handling the online orders and people who "check in" online first. You have/had a paying customer directly in front of you, if the other people didn't show up first that isn't my problem. Or shouldn't be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Currently its restaurants and haircut places making me wait long enough that I give up and leave because they're handling the online orders and people who "check in" online first. You have/had a paying customer directly in front of you, if the other people didn't show up first that isn't my problem. Or shouldn't be.
    I agree that would be frustrating, but I think that's just the nature of the online reservation beast. Unless they leave themselves an out (in fine print), their agreement probably means they have to block out that time for the online customer if they guarantee that appointment.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It is frustrating to finally be the next customer up in line at Chipotle only to have them insert a large online order in front of you. If I walked in and saw 10 people in line in front of me, I would probably just say today's not the day and move on to another place. I do feel bad for anyone who has to staff an eating establishment in this current environment.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    I made reservations at restaurant here recently; we eat there several times a month and the owner knows us. He's had a tough row with the pandemic and all that crap.

We were chatting away while walking up to the door. When I opened it was confronted by the back of a large guy; couldn't even get in the door; think, 'sardines in a can'. I left my friends on the sidewalk and 'pardoned' my way into the receptionist and told him we had a 7:00 res for four and was told that a TOUR BUS had pulled up unexpectedly with 65 passengers and that the 'house was packed'. He then asked if we could come back later ... I told sure, but not anytime soon. I'll call the owner tomorrow.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Went to the Doc yesterday for a sinus infection. Sign on door now says Appointments Only. It was 8:00 AM they said first available was 9:30. Sat down, They called me at 8:02 and said 8:00 didn't show so come on in.

Really, had to wait 2 minutes and walk across the waiting room...TWICE!!

What is our world coming too!

Don

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    New one this week. Screen went out on the "infotainment system" in my Charger Tuesday. Dealers won't call me back, so off to order one online. Only 2 places carry these online apparently, and they have a 3 week backorder, to the cost of $1600. So I can still listen to the radio, but I can't see what station I'm on(presets got wiped when I disconnected the battery to see if that would fix it), can't see what time it is, can't see what temp I have the HVAC set on, etc...

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I thought I would indulge a little since I live such a clean life. Headed to the Oreos and they looked rather skimpy. No prob, checked the double stuffed and same thing. But, right next to them was Mega stuffed that used to be doubles. Walked on to cheapos for the day. It's as bad as TP now

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought I would indulge a little since I live such a clean life. Headed to the Oreos and they looked rather skimpy. No prob, checked the double stuffed and same thing. But, right next to them was Mega stuffed that used to be doubles. Walked on to cheapos for the day. It's as bad as TP now
    Shrinkflation hitting Oreos? :dunno:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Went to the Doc yesterday for a sinus infection. Sign on door now says Appointments Only. It was 8:00 AM they said first available was 9:30. Sat down, They called me at 8:02 and said 8:00 didn't show so come on in.

Really, had to wait 2 minutes and walk across the waiting room...TWICE!!

What is our world coming too!

Don
    OMG was there not a wheelchair available? :runaway:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Top Bottom