• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Flew down to Sarasota to buy a car. Dealer drove me back to the airport to drop off my rental car. I got in my new car. They had set the GPS to my house, 1000 miles away. The first direction I got was to turn right onto a one way street going left. I stopped and it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to turn it off.
    Can't trust them . lol Many times in my work it will tell me the house I am going to is down the road and I am there.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Fob battery went out. I had to use the freakin' KEY to get in the truck. The KEY, man!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yesterday a co-worker had to find her phone using her watch. I have an old-school watch and have to go around yelling, "HEY SIRI!!"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fob battery went out. I had to use the freakin' KEY to get in the truck. The KEY, man!
    Well. At least it didn't die when you needed to remote-start your truck to make it all nice and toasty warm before you get in. That would have been horrible.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    ON a side note. It pays to squirt a little lube in those keyholes every now and then....

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    In the category of "will happen soon, but not yet:"

Will drop SWMBO off using the key-fob-only van. I forget to bring mine but she has hers in her purse. Car starts. Drop her off while the car is still running and she takes her purse. Get to work, shut the car off. End of the day car won't start.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the category of "will happen soon, but not yet:"

Will drop SWMBO off using the key-fob-only van. I forget to bring mine but she has hers in her purse. Car starts. Drop her off while the car is still running and she takes her purse. Get to work, shut the car off. End of the day car won't start.
    I'm sure it's happened. You just call on-star (or whatever service your mfg has) and ask them start your car remotely so you can drive home. :dunno:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The chest rig I have on order was supposed to arrive today, but I got a tracking update that says it's taking longer than expected.

Plus, my new boots have to be worn in before they'll really be comfortable.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Had a large oak tree break off about 15 feet up the trunk. The top was wedged into another tree and was laying on top. It was in the edge of our woods on the farm so no real danger, figured I would cut it down for fire wood. The ground at the base had a slope and was full of debris, fired up my 50 hp John Deer with a 6' bucket and cleared the base so I could safely operate. Fired up my 3 year old Stihl MS 391 saw with new blade and went to work.

The tree came down, the piece stuck in the top came down, I was safely clear of the area. The saw wasn't, tree landed right on it. Broke everything except the bar and cylinder/crankcase.

Went to a local dealer that is always good to me, the price of just the visible parts needed was with $100 of a new saw. The model MS 391 was temporarily out of stock, probably COVID related.

So I was forced to buy a new MS 462 with 25" bar. Salvaged the bar/chain/and bar bolts, gave the rest to the dealer and I got a free case and a little off the price.
    Such a pain to have to spend good gun money on a new saw.

Don

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Swapped my big ole honking 2 stage snowthrower with an offspring last fall for the small single stage blower I gifted them the year before; cause they get more snow than here. After this morning now thinking need to get another 2 stage, cause this one takes too long to clear the drive. Tell me that ain't a First World Problem.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was only able to find 1.5oz silver rounds for sale online today(1/31/2020) at anywhere close to spot price. ($52 at JM bullion).

8pm open should be interesting.

Top Bottom