• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So our microwave went belly up after only 18 years of service. Now our new one alerts you at the end of the heating cycle with 3 loud "beeps".

This annoys my wife so she manually stops the cooking with 1 to 3 seconds left. That's fine for her but I have to clear her unused seconds before stating my cooking cycle.

It has taken most of the joy of cooking away from me. So should I harshly scold her or just be miserably the rest of my cooking days? I am so torn. Please advise.
    iu

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So our microwave went belly up after only 18 years of service. Now our new one alerts you at the end of the heating cycle with 3 loud "beeps".

This annoys my wife so she manually stops the cooking with 1 to 3 seconds left. That's fine for her but I have to clear her unused seconds before stating my cooking cycle.

It has taken most of the joy of cooking away from me. So should I harshly scold her or just be miserably the rest of my cooking days? I am so torn. Please advise.
    I sir, feel your pain. Sometimes twice a day.

Argument hasn't helped, im praying for her to cook her hotdogs one day for 19 minutes and 47 seconds.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Or she could just hit clear as the way to stop the cook cycle before the alerts

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

I've heard if you hold down the "0", "1", or 2" for 3 seconds it mutes the beeper.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I looked up an article on wikipedia the other day. They had a big red message appear on the page that said "donate $2", and another button that said "maybe later". Where was the button that said "**** off"? Do they want me to lie? There's no multiverse in which me or my dopplegannger would give them a penny later, let alone $2.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I looked up an article on wikipedia the other day. They had a big red message appear on the page that said "donate $2", and another button that said "maybe later". Where was the button that said "**** off"? Do they want me to lie? There's no multiverse in which me or my dopplegannger would give them a penny later, let alone $2.
    It's better to be supported by individuals than corporations or govts... just sayin'.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wife just announced she bought a paint sprayer and going to paint all the inside of the house, every room. Said she is doing it. Wanna guess who is going to end up doing it all? And I use to paint and I’m not going to be painting! She got a huge pool few years ago said she was doing it all I didn’t have to do anything. Guess who cut the sod, leveled the area, dug for electrical…… guess who will be painting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I took a floating holiday I wouldnt have otherwise used and woke up just in time to go to the church to run multimedia for a funeral today. I hit the power switch on the preloaded old school coffee maker with my BRCC Blackbeard in it and went to go shower and get dressed. I came out with 5 minutes to go to pour my cup and run. No coffee. (And its a slow 10 minute coffee maker) Kids unplugged the coffee maker to plug in their stuff last night.

I had to leave without my fancy coffee and use the Keurig at the church with pedestrian BSA coffee pods.
    Harumph!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Working remote/from my car while at a Dr. Apt... A coin dropped into the cig lighter socket and popped a fuse and I couldn't charge my laptop... Had to watch a YT video to find the correct fuse in the trunk. WTH! Then to top it all off... I thought the HUD was on the fritz... Turns out I just bumped the dim button with my knee that turned the display off. Sheesh. I was lost w/o the HUD and speedo on the windshield. Oh the humanity!
    Was gifted a Sirius/XM radio and subscription by my brother a few years ago. Was disappointed that it wasn't very loud even with the vehicle volume on high.....Took a year to realize there was a volume on the radio too, it was on the lowest setting....

Don

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom