• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Many people will act on what they want to believe.

A lot of fortune tellers are just really good at reading people. They they tell the client what they want to believe anyway. People act on the confirmation of their own wishes, and then claim the fortune teller is right.

Fortune teller "tell me about your family"
    client "I have a great family, but my dad died"
    later in the session
    fortune teller "your dad is trying to let you know that he loves you and is so proud off you, and he wants you to concentrate on being happy!"
    client "my fortune teller is the best!" then walks out feeling happy

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did for a while. Now working on spoiling grandkids. Oldest daughter has two little girls, rest still looking for the “right one”. Everyone complains about the empty nest thing…we’re thoroughly enjoying it…….
    After heart failure at a relatively early 42, I was removed from the still looking thing and don't miss it.

Long ago, I was told by an old blind man that I would see a cow on the roof of a cotton house. I’m still waiting.
    Cotton house? Plantation? The White House does seem to fit that description and I could see Harris described as a cow, so there you go.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I, personally, don’t believe in fortune telling.

And, if it were true, I wouldn’t want to know. I remember people asking if you could know the exact day place and time you die would you want to know? Not at all. That would be miserable, constantly focusing on the time until then... I like the spontaneity of life. That’s the joy of life, tomorrow is a complete mystery.

(If I hit the lottery cheeseburgers on me)

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    After heart failure at a relatively early 42, I was removed from the still looking thing and don't miss it.

Cotton house? Plantation? The White House does seem to fit that description and I could see Harris described as a cow, so there you go.
    Well, the rest of the kids range from 29 down to 22, so they’ve all got time yet.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was invited to a party that had a fortune teller in another room. I was invited by a tall redhead I was casually dating. She was nice, and fun, but had no real feelings for her. Neither of us wore rings.

When it was my turn with the gypsy, she flipped a bunch of cards and said " the red headed woman is not for you, I see you married to a trim blond with a career"

Past raising kids, who marries a stay at home woman? I married a regular sized brunette with a job about 15 years later. I don't take a lot of stock in the prediction, If I could gamble on those odds I would be rich

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have never used a fortune teller. However, I had a friend a number of years ago who actually lost his wife due to a fortune teller!

I thought she was kind of flakey from the beginning, but I had no idea. A fortune teller told her she was married to the wrong man and that she would soon meet her true love.

The result was that she divorced an electrical engineer that would go on to found a multi-million dollar computer company and instead married a truck driver.

Does that count as the fortune teller being correct? I'm not sure.
    Are they still happily married?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Has any fortune teller ever won a lottery? I once asked the wife, "If I win a lottery, what would you do?" She replied, "Divorce your ass, and take half your money." I replied, " I won the lottery. She asked how much, I replied $8, here is 4 bucks. Pack your :poop: and get out.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    There are no such things as ghosts, (only the Holy Ghost), or speaking with the dead. No such thing as seeing the future unless you are a Prophet of the Lord, and God hasn`t dealt en masse with mankind in that way for quite sometime. The Bible teaches that there actually are supernatural encounters, and that these are demonic in nature. This is nothing to play with. At best these people are scammers, at worst, there is real demonic activity in play.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Seems like I read quite a bit of fortune telling in the Israel thread.

I'm having a good laugh on the hot take of "Your ghosts aren't real, but mine are," so thanks for that.

:):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Are they still happily married?
    I don't know, she moved out of my life when she divorced my friend. He later moved out of state, so we eventually lost touch with each other as well.

If I were to guess, I would be surprised if they were still together. She was the flighteist person I have ever known, and I have known some odd characters. During that same period another guy I knew had his wife come home and announce that she had become a witch and wanted a divorce so that she could fully devote herself to Wicca.

Also around that time, the brother-in-law of another friend decided to become a woman and did the whole transgender thing back before it was the cool thing to do. He/she wanted to stay married to his wife and be a lesbian couple. She didn't go for it. In a really awkward scene out of a movie, we later ran into him/her at a restaurant. The funny thing was that his/her date was pretty hot, not saying it justified anything, but I wouldn't have predicted that one of the results would be that he/she would end up with a bombshell.

It was a really odd period, but it did give my wife and I perspective as newlyweds. If I was upset, I would always think, well, at least she isn't literally a witch and she could always be happy that I didn't want to be a lesbian.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know, she moved out of my life when she divorced my friend. He later moved out of state, so we eventually lost touch with each other as well.

If I were to guess, I would be surprised if they were still together. She was the flighteist person I have ever known, and I have known some odd characters. During that same period another guy I knew had his wife come home and announce that she had become a witch and wanted a divorce so that she could fully devote herself to Wicca.

Also around that time, the brother-in-law of another friend decided to become a woman and did the whole transgender thing back before it was the cool thing to do. He/she wanted to stay married to his wife and be a lesbian couple. She didn't go for it. In a really awkward scene out of a movie, we later ran into him/her at a restaurant. The funny thing was that his/her date was pretty hot, not saying it justified anything, but I wouldn't have predicted that one of the results would be that he/she would end up with a bombshell.

It was a really odd period, but it did give my wife and I perspective as newlyweds. If I was upset, I would always think, well, at least she isn't literally a witch and she could always be happy that I didn't want to be a lesbian.
    I could address this in a conventional sense and shake my head or address it spiritually and say that when people allow themselves to be overcome by darkness they are blinded to things that shock us and signally fail to realize they have made themselves candidates for the Jerry Springer show.

Top Bottom