• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No experience with it per se, but I am not a nonbeliever. I think ESP/psychic powers, etc, exist, but not necessarily in everyone who claims to perform them for profit.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    An old girlfriend talked me into going to one of those psychic fairs long time ago. I did a fortune teller just for laughs. The fortune teller kept bringing up something about a gold or similar colored car that was weighing on my mind. I had owned a gold Lincoln when I was about 18 but I had given it away years prior. I had no other memory of any gold cars. About a week later my dad called asking if I was going to get my old Fiero out of his barn. I bought it with a blown engine I was going to rebuild it and resell. Life had gotten in the way and had gotten sidetracked from the project. Completely forgot about it! Yes, it was that gold color they used to have. Got it rebuilt and sold a few weeks later for a nice profit.
    FWIW, I think that type stuff shouldn’t be messed with.

Matt

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    An old girlfriend talked me into going to one of those psychic fairs long time ago. I did a fortune teller just for laughs. The fortune teller kept bringing up something about a gold or similar colored car that was weighing on my mind. I had owned a gold Lincoln when I was about 18 but I had given it away years prior. I had no other memory of any gold cars. About a week later my dad called asking if I was going to get my old Fiero out of his barn. I bought it with a blown engine I was going to rebuild it and resell. Life had gotten in the way and had gotten sidetracked from the project. Completely forgot about it! Yes, it was that gold color they used to have. Got it rebuilt and sold a few weeks later for a nice profit.
    FWIW, I think that type stuff shouldn’t be messed with.

Matt
    ..................so, according to the psychic, this gold colored car weighed on your mind so much that you forgot that you owned it and also forgot you stored it in your Dad's barn?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    ..................so, according to the psychic, this gold colored car weighed on your mind so much that you forgot that you owned it and also forgot you stored it in your Dad's barn?
    At the time, my daily driver was a red 84 Fiero 4cyl stick. I bought the gold one with a blown V6. I planned to drive the gold one a while after fixing it. A week or two later I got a deal on a late model Corvette that was wrecked. The Vette became my priority for the next few months and completely forgot about the gold Fiero. Out of sight, out of mind! I was really shocked when my dad called about it and I remembered the fortune teller. I used to go through a lot a vehicles back then.
    Matt

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At the time, my daily driver was a red 84 Fiero 4cyl stick. I bought the gold one with a blown V6. I planned to drive the gold one a while after fixing it. A week or two later I got a deal on a late model Corvette that was wrecked. The Vette became my priority for the next few months and completely forgot about the gold Fiero. Out of sight, out of mind! I was really shocked when my dad called about it and I remembered the fortune teller. I used to go through a lot a vehicles back then.
    Matt
    You just admitted again that the teller's comment was coincidental. It was NOT on your mind like she said it was.

On your mind is "I sense you have finance issues on your mind, dont worry, a windfall will come soon." because at the time you are out of work with no new job in sight. And you could say she was right when your neighbor feels sorry for you and hands you a lottery ticket the following week that ends up hitting the jackpot.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    You just admitted again that the teller's comment was coincidental. It was NOT on your mind like she said it was.

On your mind is "I sense you have finance issues on your mind, dont worry, a windfall will come soon." because at the time you are out of work with no new job in sight. And you could say she was right when your neighbor feels sorry for you and hands you a lottery ticket the following week that ends up hitting the jackpot.
    Absolutely coincidental, but pretty ironic that she picks out a gold car. What are the odds?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In about 1972 I was at the carnival with the girlfriend and a fortune teller was going to guess the year of my car or she would get a prize. I he guessed 1967, I drove a 1966. Most teens would drive a 5 or 6 year old car at the time, so it was a safe bet. What made it even safer for him is I paid a buck against a 25 cent trinket.

If he had guessed 1966, that would have been about a one in five bet.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had never seen a fortune teller in real life before I visited Northwest Indiana years before I lived here. Maybe it was illegal in Michigan where I am from, maybe it's just the density of the eastern-European population in this area.

Anyway, the signs are always hung in from of sort-of run-down, virtual shacks, so that tells me everything I need to know.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I wanted to after the passing of someone really important. In that grief you'll do just about anything to have one last convo with the person. I ended up chickening out though and canceling. Because of my religious beliefs i cant tempt possibly messing with the devil. Im no saint, but i cant risk anymore strikes against me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Out of curiosity, I checked- sure enough, fortune telling was illegal in Michigan until 1994. I moved to NWI in mid 1995, so it makes sense that I had never seen one in Michigan.

Reactions: Leo

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Out of curiosity, I checked- sure enough, fortune telling was illegal in Michigan until 1994. I moved to NWI in mid 1995, so it makes sense that I had never seen one in Michigan.
    What a coincidence. Ive never seen one in Michigan either!

Of course I have probably spent a grand total of less than 500 hours in the state in my entire life. So there is that. LOL

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I don't know, she moved out of my life when she divorced my friend. He later moved out of state, so we eventually lost touch with each other as well.

If I were to guess, I would be surprised if they were still together. She was the flighteist person I have ever known, and I have known some odd characters. During that same period another guy I knew had his wife come home and announce that she had become a witch and wanted a divorce so that she could fully devote herself to Wicca.

Also around that time, the brother-in-law of another friend decided to become a woman and did the whole transgender thing back before it was the cool thing to do. He/she wanted to stay married to his wife and be a lesbian couple. She didn't go for it. In a really awkward scene out of a movie, we later ran into him/her at a restaurant. The funny thing was that his/her date was pretty hot, not saying it justified anything, but I wouldn't have predicted that one of the results would be that he/she would end up with a bombshell.

It was a really odd period, but it did give my wife and I perspective as newlyweds. If I was upset, I would always think, well, at least she isn't literally a witch and she could always be happy that I didn't want to be a lesbian.
    Wow! You have met some interesting folks for sure. The Wicca one is my favorite.

Top Bottom